Events/Trails Running of the Bulls - John Bull June 19 and 20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I been wanting to run this trail for a while. Full disclosure, I've not run this before so it would be great to get a veteran to join.

Rough plan would be to head to Big Bear on Friday evening or Saturday early run the trail and camp out Saturday night. Sunday run another trail in the area and head home in the afternoon. Should limit group to 6 rigs. We would finalize the plan with some input from the other participants.

Locker
33 in tires
Sliders
Damage is possible

Any Takers?
Brian
858-650-9933

Sent you a text! I am excited to run this trail!

I'd be up for it. A good warm trail before John Bull is Gold Mtn, thats my favorite trail there, its scenic and ends right where john bull starts. Its a good medium trail, allows for a shake down of the truck before getting into john bull.

John bull is a difficult, body damage is unlikely, but sliders and skids are a must, and definitely minimum of a locker. Spare CV's for an IFS and knowing how to change them is a must. A winch would also be benefit to avoid beating on the drivetrain getting over some of the hog's heads.

@mckunz did you end up getting some sliders?

Right on, you're good to go.

i'm a maybe... don't hold a spot for me.
i get back into town Thursday night and Sunday is father's day, so my wife is probably planning a family thing. but ya never know, might be able to swing it???
start early on Saturday, that trail gets jammed with too many trucks.

i'm a maybe... don't hold a spot for me.
i get back into town Thursday night and Sunday is father's day, so my wife is probably planning a family thing. but ya never know, might be able to swing it???
start early on Saturday, that trail gets jammed with too many trucks.

I won't be camping Saturday night due to Sunday being Fathers Day. I may drive up Friday and camp. Hope you can make it. And yeah, we should start early. Could be a sh!t show by 0900 especially with everyone itching to get out on the trails.

Another option is going fri morning and running the trails first thing. Forgot it was father's day not sure if I can make it unless we finish up saturday.

Another option is going fri morning and running the trails first thing. Forgot it was father's day not sure if I can make it unless we finish up saturday.
I’m up for leaving Friday morning and will probably stay till Sunday. If everyone is up for running the Bull on Friday and another trail Saturday that would work. Anyone have any camping spots we could set up to meet at? Ideally it would be a trailer spot but I’m not opposed to tent camping it either.

I’m up for leaving Friday morning and will probably stay till Sunday. If everyone is up for running the Bull on Friday and another trail Saturday that would work. Anyone have any camping spots we could set up to meet at? Ideally it would be a trailer spot but I’m not opposed to tent camping it either.
Crab Flats will be your best bet w/ trailer and easy access to those trails. Reservable, also some first come first serve. I drove to every Yellow Post site a few weeks back, very few are trailer accessible unless you're talking about a smaller adventure trailer, in which case they are all accessible. You prob need to get there Weds/Thurs to snag a YP site though.

Just checked crab flats, only availability is thurs night, plus 5 sites that are first come first serve. Could cruise out thurs night, hit the trails early fri and figure it out from there. Trail towards rattlesnake canyon has a bunch of options for dispersed camping and unlikely to be busy. Could find a campsite there fri night and head out rattlesnake canyon saturday.

Just checked crab flats, only availability is thurs night, plus 5 sites that are first come first serve. Could cruise out thurs night, hit the trails early fri and figure it out from there. Trail towards rattlesnake canyon has a bunch of options for dispersed camping and unlikely to be busy. Could find a campsite there fri night and head out rattlesnake canyon saturday.
Looks like tent camping it is.

Crab Flats you can get a small trailer in to.. but not too big.

We need to decide what we are doing soon and reserve some sites for thurs night.

If you can get up there Thurs go for a Yellowpost, and send back the YP# (go for YP#6, and 7 is close to that) of you get it, it's close to Crab Flats, and plenty of space for a few rigs. If you strike out you could head down to Rattlesnake Canyon (at least an hour? This is off Burns Canyon?).

We need to decide what we are doing soon and reserve some sites for thurs night.
By my count we have 4 confirmed. I think the sites are limited to 2 vehicles. Can everyone interested in going up Thursday night post up and I will reserve some sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom