Wanted Rubber insulator piece for fj40 horn switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember seeing a thread where someone made a bunch of horn parts, including the rubber piece. Anybody know of anyone who made the rubber piece. Thanks, it's the only piece I need
On the photograph below, are you referring to the insulator bushing or the rubber spacer? I believe that I sourced a substitute rubber spacer from McMaster Carr.

Horn Rubber Spacer.PNG

Maybe this is what you were thinking of:

So @Green Bean what you doing with the other 49 washers? 😝

Yeah and it’s a poor fit. I had to trim it to make it sort of work. Eventually trashed it and had one made by a fellow mudder who 3D prints.

Really! I have a whole assortment of things like that. (You only need one and you have to buy 50.) I would be happy to mail one you or anyone else who needs/wants one.
I would be interested in hearing about these things. I would love one of these washers as well. Happy to pay for it!

Maybe this is what you were thinking of:

Yes this is it! I have the metal piece, do I need to order both?

Oil-Resistant Neoprene Rubber Sealing Washer for 1/2" Screw Size, 0.49" ID, 1.062" OD, 0.11"- 0.14" Thickness.

Do you have a pic?

I went back and looked through my parts bin. I believe the rubber spacer that I ended up using is not from McMaster but instead is shown below. I think that I tried the McMaster and was not pleased. These are the ticket.

Rubber Horn Spacer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom