RTH. Stored Engine not turning over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought this engine about five years ago and have always had it stored inside. It’s been at least three years since I’ve turned it over, but went yesterday to do so and this thing will not move. I pulled the plugs and put Marvel mystery oil in let it soak for 12 hours. Still nothing.
I have some extra flex plates so thinking about making a huge lever arm to be able to turn from the rear of the engine instead of over tightening and compressing the lower pulley on crank.

any other ideas?

1C63E2CA-CC55-4159-BE92-3FC96701BD0F.jpeg

Well this proves that to figure something out you have to ask for help…. Went back to the engine put some more marvel in, and started turning over and now is nice and smooth. The cruiser gods are happy with me today.
@tornadoalleycruiser

Fine, figure it out on your own then.

(I couldn't think of anything else to try off the top of my head anyway.)

Pull the head- replace HG/valve guide seals. Chk bore condition while open for damage. If storing longer put lots of oil in the bores turn over more often. Try to also get it on valve stems.

Definitely will start turning this thing over more often!!! I figured since I was keeping it inside didn’t need to do it that often …. Shows you what I know ….
Slee Rebuilt this engine and the guy wrecked the car on the way home…. So it’s basically new! My sons engine has 350k on it so been keeping this in the back for when the time comes…

I kept a spare Mazda 13b rotary engine on a stand in the garage for 13 years. Installed it a few years back and it fired right up and runs great. The only thing I did to keep it ready was to remove the Oil Pan, spark plugs, intake, and then spray MMO in the intake when I first stored it, and then anytime I was in the garage screwing around, I'd grab the flywheel and rotate it one full turn. On average, that worked out to being a few full turns every month or so.

Granted, a 1.3L low compression rotary engine is a lot easier to spin over than a 4.5L piston engine, but the end result was a replacement engine that I could trust when I installed it. That MMO is truly a Marvel and a Mystery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom