RS3000 (remote unlock / lock) Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few weeks ago my reliable 1997 Land Cruiser (274K) stopped unlocking her doors with the remote key fob. I'm still using the original RS3000 that came from the factory / it's never been messed with. I've owned this truck for over 14 years and have never had any door issues. So after a little testing / troubleshooting, here are the details:
  1. using the key fob, doors lock / alarm arms as expected
  2. using the key fob, pressing the button starts to engage the unlock but all 4 locks fall short of actually unlocking. In other words, all actuators try to unlock but it's as if something is holding it back as they get about halfway unlocked. It's as if something is binding but on all 4 doors. But that's not it (see next point).
  3. Sitting inside the car, using the door switch will successfully lock / unlock all 4 doors and the trunk. Every time. No problem. This suggests that nothing is binding / holding up the locks. Also suggests it's not the car battery or fuse.
  4. Using the door key to lock / unlock the doors work perfectly
  5. If I lock with the key fob and am unsuccessful with unlocking, the only way to get into the car is with the key. When I unlock with the key and open the door, the alarm goes off (as expected). Inserting the key into the ignition and turning on (twice) disarms the alarm.
Here's what I've tried in an attempt to fix the problem:
  1. Replaced batteries in all 3 key fobs. (didn't do anything)
  2. Using the RS3000 manual, I erased all codes and re-programed the fobs. No changes
  3. Purchased a used RS3000 on eBay and switched it out. Erased all codes and re-programmed. Same results - locking works but unlocking does not.
Any suggestions? This makes no sense. And electrical isn't my area of expertise.

Hello,

Was this sorted?

I changed the battery on the FOB.

I can hear the click when programming the the FOB.

I was also able to set the Almarm to passive arm.

But I am not able to have the FOB arm or disarm the Alarm nor to lock or unlock the doors.

I can only lock/unlock using the key or the internal door lock button on driver and passenger door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom