Builds ROTW: Skillet (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet ride Skillet.
You got it all man.

:smokin:

a fantastic write up and a most excellently outfitted rig!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I dont know if the mombasa tent will work on yours..... i have a modified fj60 rack!!!!! it's full length! Dont order a INTI until you measure! The standard INTI rack that Alvaro sells is 3/4 length.

I dont know if the mombasa tent will work on yours..... i have a modified fj60 rack!!!!! it's full length! Dont order a INTI until you measure! The standard INTI rack that Alvaro sells is 3/4 length.

Yes, thank you for the info.

I am working on solutions now.

:mad:

My apologies for misleading anyone.

Very well documented, helps the rest of us immensely. Your rig always looked well built, I think you just proved it.

You revealed awhile ago how you light your rear plate....you might want to cover that here.

Cool rig!

Very well documented, helps the rest of us immensely. Your rig always looked well built, I think you just proved it.

You revealed awhile ago how you light your rear plate....you might want to cover that here.

Cool rig!

That crossed my mind and then faded to the recesses for some reason. Thanks for reminding me.

Here is how I did it.

AA030302.jpg

www.mooneyesusa.com Part # AA030302

:beer:

Sweet rig man!

I'm gonna have to take few of your ideas and add them to mine!:cheers:

Yea Jeb!

This a nice 80,seeing this truck&riding in it,it is just a great looking truck! Good work Jeb,now lets go have a cold tapper!
Love that 4x4 labs rear bumper,Luke is the Man!!!!

John- PS email me for a beer at Rosie's next week

Yea Jeb!

This a nice 80,seeing this truck&riding in it,it is just a great looking truck! Good work Jeb,now lets go have a cold tapper!
Love that 4x4 labs rear bumper,Luke is the Man!!!!

John- PS email me for a beer at Rosie's next week

Yes, yes. Good stuff.

I am up for a cold one and cruiser talk. :beer:

Thanks for the kind words!

That crossed my mind and then faded to the recesses for some reason. Thanks for reminding me.

Here is how I did it.

AA030302.jpg

www.mooneyesusa.com Part # AA030302

:beer:

I have something similar on mine...got it with the Slee rear bumper. ;)

Yes, thank you for the info.

I am working on solutions now.

:mad:

My apologies for misleading anyone.

I test fit my mombasa on NorCalSam's INTI Rack that he got from LaCabra 4x4 (Alvaro's business). It will fit with just a small amount of overhang. You'll need to remove the side bars, just as you would with the full length INTI. IIRC, you won't have much room up there for much else besides the tent on the rack, but it will fit.

I test fit my mombasa on NorCalSam's INTI Rack that he got from LaCabra 4x4 (Alvaro's business). It will fit with just a small amount of overhang. You'll need to remove the side bars, just as you would with the full length INTI. IIRC, you won't have much room up there for much else besides the tent on the rack, but it will fit.

Doug,

Is that with or without the jerry can / light cage?

Alvaro told me, he was not positive, but he thought it might be about 14" - 18" overhang with the cage on.

Thanks for your input.

Jeb

Doug,

Is that with or without the jerry can / light cage?

Alvaro told me, he was not positive, but he thought it might be about 14" - 18" overhang with the cage on.

Thanks for your input.

Jeb

the jerry can area would be taken up by the tent...IIRC...but I'd defer to Alvaro.

Doug,

The Mombasa tent folded is as big as the 3/4 INTI rack. To make the light cage and jerrry can holder fit. The tent would have to be moved back having some of it overhang.

What I said is that you could move the Mombasa tent backwards so it overhangs 15 to 18 inches on the back of the rack. Then move the rack all the way forward.
The side rails would have to be modified. But this would allow the jerry can holder and the light cage to remain in place.

When the Mombasa is set on Yakama bars most of the rack is not supported. Just the area under the bars.

I hope this helps

Regards

Alvaro

Yep, you'll have to hang it off the back for sure. .. And if you removed the jerry can/light rack off, that would be a waste. I just recommended skillet to get a smaller tent. The CTT is pretty big.

That may be the way to go as I really like the INTI.

I do like all that extra room in the Mombasa. It is like a freakin' condo up there.

But I really want the storage area of the jerry can cage and the light moutning up there as I am always looking for a place to put more crap when going on trips.

Information is much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom