Builds ROTW My Yoda (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is the new ARB pump I installed. The old pump still works fine but this one has a faster tire inflation.
ARB Pump 02.jpg

This is the new stainless steel battery tray that is the nicest I've found. As you can see in the photos the tray is longer than the battery because it is meant to accommodate different series batteries. The hold bracket is battery specific.

stainless battery trays
Battery 03.jpg
Battery 04.jpg
Battery 05.jpg

This is the modification I made to replace the original tubing. The metal tube that links the two ends is inside the tubing. This is Fuel-Resistant Blue Fluorosilicone Rubber Tubing. It is rated for -80 to 450 degrees F. Resistant to diesel fuel, biodiesel, ethanol, and hydraulic fluid. Can be used with water, deionized water, air, and isopropyl alcohol.
Engine Compartment 15.jpg

Bypass Tube, Tranny to Xfer

After seeing the bypass hose that used 18mm banjo fittings in my thread on bypass hoses, I was intrigued about their versatility in this application. I took a different approach in that I wanted to see if this could be accomplished using 3/8” seamless tubing and two 18mm banjo kits that had a -6 male 37 degree fitting at 90 degrees. The M18 banjo kits are for a Garrett Turbo.

It took a couple of iteration to find the leg length from the transfer case to the start of the bend and then the bend angle. I use an Imperial Eastman tubing bender model 364-FHB-06 and found that if I left a 3/8” gap between the back of the flair and the frame of the bender and then bent the tubing 97-99 degrees it lined up with the banjo fitting on the tranny. I then marked the tubing at the end of the male flair and you see the results.

The original bypass hose I had made has never leaked and did not need to be replaced. I did this as a design challenge to see if it would work.
What I really like about this design is as follows:

Simplicity
If you have the tools it is a straight forward project you can build yourself
Compact design
Durable (I used Corrosion-Resistant Steel Tubing coated with a thin layer of yellow zinc dichromate)
Bypass Tube 01.jpg

I'd love to borrow your cruiser for a month BSEvans.

I probably wouldn't be able to drive it much because I'd be spending so much time studying all the well-thought-out features.

Quality work again!!

:clap:

I'd love to borrow your cruiser for a month BSEvans.

I probably wouldn't be able to drive it much because I'd be spending so much time studying all the well-thought-out features.

Quality work again!!

:clap:

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom