Builds ROTW bhaines 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks the goods. Great work fixing up that arse end. Bet it was fun getting the tailgates to line up again?

Alot of time was spent trying to get them to line up. There is not much adjustment in them. Most of my adjusting came by hitting the lift gate hinges with a big hammer.

I must be missing something here. Firstly you said you should have spent an extra $3000 and got a 1FZ-FE..............are you nuts? No 4WDer on Oz would be seen dead with an engine that needs spark plugs. You shoud have spent an extra $3000 on a HDJ80 (4.2 TD). Then you go sticking another petrol engine in the poor old girl.
(All TIC)

Nice looking rig, be interested in pics of how you brought the front and rear bars up after the body lift, assuming you have of course. I have the same ARB front bar and I'm not keen on cutting it.

I must be missing something here. Firstly you said you should have spent an extra $3000 and got a 1FZ-FE..............are you nuts? No 4WDer on Oz would be seen dead with an engine that needs spark plugs. You shoud have spent an extra $3000 on a HDJ80 (4.2 TD). Then you go sticking another petrol engine in the poor old girl.
(All TIC)

Nice looking rig, be interested in pics of how you brought the front and rear bars up after the body lift, assuming you have of course. I have the same ARB front bar and I'm not keen on cutting it.

I looked into the Turbo Deisels at the time but they were out of my price range. Around $8000 more than I paid. Every vehicle I owned prior to the 80 was a V8 so I thought it was a good idea.

I havent lifted the bullbar yet as I want to put on a FAT bar and ditch the ARB (Replica) all together as it is too bulky. I have started on lifting the rear bar but havent finished it as you can see in the pics.

Australia looks like a beautiful place to live and nice "80".

What transmission/Tcase is going behind the small block Chevy? Too bad you couldn't use the "last of the supercharged V8's from the MadMax car! I assume you will continue in your thread with progress pics of the V8 conversion :D

Great write up. i'll definitly look forward to more of your mods. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
As my landcruiser was built prior to 8/92 I had the smaller front brakes. So I ended up converting to the post 92 front callipers, backing plate and 100 series pads. That made a HUGE difference in the braking ability of the vehicle.

Here is the difference between the rotor sizes:

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

This is Standard 100 series pads on the left, cut down 100 series in the middle and standard 80 series on the right.

PICT0082.jpg

I ended up needing some help with this project:

PICT0107.jpg

This is the final product:

PICT0119.jpg

Very useful mod. Did you paint the calipers or did they come red?

So you have to trim down the break pads like the middle pic shows. Why?

Nice one m8, where in Vic are you? I used to live in Bundoora Victoria before moving to the USA!
:cheers:

Its been a while since I updaded this thread. Alot has changed on the truck. Here are some pics.

I got myself some 37inch TSL Boggers.
DSCF2609.jpg

The boggers meant that I was pushing it all a little harder causing some serious panel damage. I also bought front and rear difflocks. So as you can see from this pic I decided to cut it into a ute.

DSCF3113.jpg

DSCF3117.jpg

DSCF3123.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom