ROTM April - Pyeatt Payson AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So funny, I remember back in the day it was cool to be simple and scarf your 10 oz freeze dry food out of the bag and call it good.
Now its evolved to food fests...

Hells yeah :D

It can't be helped. We have all this crazy camping gear and it needs to be used.

Edit: I am making a huge pot of Gumbo Saturday night. Everyone is welcome to have some. Warning gumbo is spicy

Last edited:
I am going to do my best to make it. About 75% sure but, it will only be a day trip if I do.

is anyone going to get there early and try to secure the camping spot? this has been done in the past and just curious.

is anyone going to get there early and try to secure the camping spot? this has been done in the past and just curious.
Ron is leaving the valley at 3 I think.

Are outsiders allowed to participate in any of this? It looks like I’m actually free on Friday and Saturday; Pyeatt would be fun to do again.

Shame about the fire restrictions, though. No campfires unless it’s gas. :(

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd576936.pdf

CSC welcome all, minimum requirements just need a 4wd vehicle with a 2 speed transfercase and you are in.
No worries on fire restrictions several members have campfire in a can set ups.

If anyone wants to follow me up on Friday I will be at the Baja Chevron between 4:45pm and 5pm. I will be leaving on the dot of 5:15.

This should put us at camp between 6:30 and 7PM.

Address: 10180 N Fort McDowell Rd, Fort McDowell, AZ 85264

I'm going to have to back out.. I've got 3 weekends to finish some things around the house before our son's graduation party next month.. and with the warmer temps.. my time spent outside working in the sun has its limits lol.. sorry i have that :princess: skin. hahaha

Well, my buddy and I will see you guys at the trailhead.

Unless I oversleep, in which case I’ll try to play catch up. :)

Who all is going up on Friday?
@Chrismanjs

Will we be doing group Camp Fire in a can?

Expected weather -

FRI
APR 27 Partly Cloudy
78° - 55°
20% rain
SSE 8 mph 17%

SAT
APR 28 Partly Cloudy
77° - 53°
20% rain
SSW 11 mph 22%

SUN
APR 29 Mostly Sunny
72° - 50°
0% rain
SSW 15 mph 17%

I spent a week at Boy Scout summer camp in Payson. Every day was 20% chance of rain and it rained steadily for 4 days. I'd prep for a rain shower and plan accordingly.

No worries on fire restrictions several members have campfire in a can set ups.

Are these LPG campfires in a can? The Tonto Restrictions are Stage 2 and only devices that can be turned off immediately with no element continuing to burn are allowed.

I spent a week at Boy Scout summer camp in Payson. Every day was 20% chance of rain and it rained steadily for 4 days. I'd prep for a rain shower and plan accordingly.

I have my campfire in a can, as well as the CSC Grill that I am bringing.

Are these LPG campfires in a can? The Tonto Restrictions are Stage 2 and only devices that can be turned off immediately with no element continuing to burn are allowed.

Thanks for the clarification based on the above they would be approved then. Basically not different than a cook stove with no pilot.

Thanks for the clarification based on the above they would be approved then. Basically not different than a cook stove with no pilot.

Good to hear, Its been a dry winter up here. I may come out fri night or saturday and wheel. Would like to check out the campfire in a can too, would be nice to have one for the dry season

Count 3 of us for Breakfast, see you there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom