Root Beer Float, my 1990 HZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's why I moved the intake. I clocked it around almost 180 degrees so that it goes into the factory hole that was designed for the Toyota snorkel kit. My air intake was a donor from another diesel cruiser of unknown origin. It's air intake was not going to work with my A/C and moving it to the stock 77 location made no sense. It would mean a 3rd relocation if I was to ever add a snorkel. So I just went ahead and removed the factory cover that went over the snorkel hole. So now the intake rests inside the hole suited to connect directly to the snorkel. Without having a snorkel in hand, its tough to tell if it would be a direct bolt on, but at least its close now.
The 1990/1991 Troopy air box was a lot more user friendly when it came to installing a snorkel.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I cut the ends off of a 4 inch pipe and welded it to the lid for my crank case vent hose.

What gauges are you planning.
I want to fit a water temp gauge and I am stuck on where I can put it mounting it clean.

are you doing a catch can?

Yep, Provent 200

The truck never has white smoke except on startups after sitting overnight. After investigating I found oil seeping from the turbo inlet. Oil would collect in the pipe and get sucked in upon startup. So in an effort to keep oil in my engine, clean air, and a clean turbo, the catch can will be added.

I just hope he has unlimited texting. I blow up his phone regularly with stupid questions. :eek:

I do. Unlimited is the only way to be when you have to text as much as I do. No time to talk on the phone, but many little moments to text!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom