Rolled the LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow...That looks pretty nasty. Glad to hear that both of you came out safe from this accident. Prayers for a quick recovery!!

Just put a deposit on this 08 and only 30mins from the house. Picking up tomorrowl

Gonna sell the 80 to build this one out.

20210927_134737.jpg
20210927_134741.jpg
20210927_134732.jpg
20210927_134722.jpg
20210927_134806.jpg

Dang! Getting clipped in the back at 45 mph is no fun, happened to us on the freeway once at 65, took us off the road and in to a culvert.
I'm glad there were no major injuries.
The pillars held up great, especially considering the weight of an LX.
I've seen photos of older LCs, 4Runner rollovers where the pillars collapsed like wet noodles.
There's a lot to be said for late '90s+ engineering, and side curtain airbags.

Last edited:
I'm glad that you are both alive and well. I know we drivers can gripe about some of the expensive systems that make crashes like this survivable, but having spent a portion of my law enforcement career investigating accidents like this, I'm glad we have them. Airbags and seatbelts have saved thousands of folks from serious injury or death.

When I was working patrol back in the early 90's - and a brand new father - I responded to a rollover crash on a rainy night A young man and his prom date were "testing the acceleration" of his dad's new Volvo 850 Turbo. The driver lost control left the road and clipped off seven 6" diameter fir trees, went through a barbed wire fence and rolled seven times before coming to a stop in a cow pasture. Later analysis showed they were traveling somewhere north of 90 MPH. When I arrived and saw the car, I began mentally preparing myself to inform a family that their loved one(s) weren't coming home. Then my headlights picked up the welcome image of the two teenagers standing by the side of the road, a bit shaken up, but no worse for the wear. I went home and told my wife I knew what car we were going to buy to carry our new baby in.

A month or so later, I walked into the dealership where a bright red 850 Turbo sat in the showroom. On the windshield was a large photo of the one that had crashed with the two kids inside, almost unrecognizable. The quote from the owner said it all; "I'll take another one just like it"!

Ouch!

Good to hear that you and your son came out OK.

Nice looking 200 series.

I'm glad that you are both alive and well. I know we drivers can gripe about some of the expensive systems that make crashes like this survivable, but having spent a portion of my law enforcement career investigating accidents like this, I'm glad we have them. Airbags and seatbelts have saved thousands of folks from serious injury or death.

When I was working patrol back in the early 90's - and a brand new father - I responded to a rollover crash on a rainy night A young man and his prom date were "testing the acceleration" of his dad's new Volvo 850 Turbo. The driver lost control left the road and clipped off seven 6" diameter fir trees, went through a barbed wire fence and rolled seven times before coming to a stop in a cow pasture. Later analysis showed they were traveling somewhere north of 90 MPH. When I arrived and saw the car, I began mentally preparing myself to inform a family that their loved one(s) weren't coming home. Then my headlights picked up the welcome image of the two teenagers standing by the side of the road, a bit shaken up, but no worse for the wear. I went home and told my wife I knew what car we were going to buy to carry our new baby in.

A month or so later, I walked into the dealership where a bright red 850 Turbo sat in the showroom. On the windshield was a large photo of the one that had crashed with the two kids inside, almost unrecognizable. The quote from the owner said it all; "I'll take another one just like it"!
"Volvo, boxy but safe"

Pleased to hear everyone was ok. I absolutely love that color of 200. Kinda purple when the light hits it right! Let us know what you think of it compared to a 100.

20210928_181019.jpg

Driving like a BOSS

Curtain airbags (and side impact?) additions were the tipping point for me to abandon my 99 and get my 06. Something I would have thought was a silly reason a few years prior. Kids have changed my perspective on a lot of things.

@customcruiser Very glad you and your little one are safe and rocking an even better vehicle going forward! Thanks for sharing all the pics and the story. Always interesting to see how these fair, especially with some aftermarket armor.

Curtain airbags (and side impact?) additions were the tipping point for me to abandon my 99 and get my 06. Something I would have thought was a silly reason a few years prior. Kids have changed my perspective on a lot of things.

@customcruiser Very glad you and your little one are safe and rocking an even better vehicle going forward! Thanks for sharing all the pics and the story. Always interesting to see how these fair, especially with some aftermarket armor.
They fair like Land Cruisers. They protect, always have, and they keep on ticking when most others would fail. For a roll, this Cruiser doesn't look half bad, and the occupants were kept safe and sound. This is why we are here, and this is why we won't leave. I know it's a cult, but this is a good cult. I'm proud to be in this cult again.

Brutal! Glad to see you're ok and maybe even upgrading if one ignores aesthetics. J/K! ;)

Basically same. I wanted an 80 but then I thought about my lil' ones and all the additional features in the '06 LX I ended up buying.

Truck is being delivered to my house today - I do not have a payout number from my insurance company so I will not be selling anything off the truck until I work that out.

I've also decided to sell the 80 but won't focus on that until the 100 is squared away.

Glad all of your family is safe after that wreck! Did it happen in the CLT area? Drivers around here are bad...Didn't take you long to find your new whip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom