Rock Slider ID help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BeerM3

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey Mud,

I'm contemplating selling the rock sliders that came with the 40 in favor of the stock running boards. From what I've dug up, I'm pretty sure these are the bolt-to-rocker sliders that Man-A-Fre used to sell? Can anyone confirm if I'm right based on the photos?

Thanks!

2020-08-14 12.18.52.jpg
2020-08-14 12.19.00.jpg
2020-08-14 12.19.28.jpg

Bump! Does anyone recognize if these are tailored sliders by Man-a-fre (or others) for a 40, or retrofitted heep add-ons? Thanks

They look like the 4+ sliders (Man-it ani't-fre)
I want first dibs on them, please.

Dyno

Calling Dave @lcwizard if Man-A-Fre sold them he most likely made them.

But because they bolt to the rockers and not the frame .maybe not.

It is a Metal Tech Roll cage so maybe.......

They look like the 4+ sliders (Man-it ani't-fre)
I want first dibs on them, please.

Dyno
Thanks. I'll certainly give you first-right-of-refusal if/when I decide to sell em. I'm fairly certain I'm going to, I just need to verify I have everything to bolt up the stock replacements I've pieced together. The metal-tech cage was purchased and installed by me, so the sliders pre-date it.

They're very similar to the ones I made for Manafre. These aren't complex. Many people have built their own versions. I've had quite a few customers just order the bent angle then do what they will with the rest
Appreciate it. They seemed to match the button head bolts and cnc'd fill plate from an older picture I found on bring-a-trailer, but that's the only picture I've been able to find. That sale ad claimed they were Man-a-fre. There's a lot of early 2000's posts on this site and others describing the MAF rocker sliders, but no pictures. They're well-built, whoever did it!

Calling Dave @lcwizard if Man-A-Fre sold them he most likely made them.

But because they bolt to the rockers and not the frame .maybe not.

Dave makes sliders that bolt to the rockers. Not sure if he makes some that bolt/weld to the frame or not but the ones I bought from him bolt to the rockers.

Thanks. I'll certainly give you first-right-of-refusal if/when I decide to sell em. I'm fairly certain I'm going to, I just need to verify I have everything to bolt up the stock replacements I've pieced together. The metal-tech cage was purchased and installed by me, so the sliders pre-date it.

Going back to stock should be easy. Need to find the extension to bracket for the front mount and the running boards. Not sure the year you have but 73-78 has a few styles. Bracket needed was the same from the early 60s thru 78 and same right or left. Those should be very easy to find.

Going back to stock should be easy. Need to find the extension to bracket for the front mount and the running boards. Not sure the year you have but 73-78 has a few styles. Bracket needed was the same from the early 60s thru 78 and same right or left. Those should be very easy to find.
After checking the Energy Suspension kit i bought from a fellow Mud member, I think I have the missing cushions I need to install what I’ve gathered. Just need time and a few more bolts! Then I’ll have stock running boards restored and ready to crunch on a miscalculated rock! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom