Rival4x4 TLC Aluminum Front Bumper - on a Gen 1 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The spring rubbers just increase spring rate as a basic offset for added weight to the front. They come in at least four stiffnesses, more if you include other manufacturers' options. They effectively remove a portion of the coil wraps on the spring, which makes the spring stiffer. It's possible on the very limit that they reduce uptravel, I can't comment on that yet, and I haven't been able to find a source one way or the other, they are rubber, and thus have some give, but I do think if full uptravel had the spring completely compressed, obviously the spring rubber prevents this, it has to take up some space. Next time I have it stuffed I'm going to be taking a picture to see.

Spring spacers / trim packers go above the coil and do not change the effective coil wrap count. They don't change the effective spring rate (per what I've read, I don't run them, many on here do and could comment on their use for added weight), but you do get lift (or in IFS 2x lift) from the spacer.

For an LX, removing the front springs is a bit of drama, as they are hydraulically connected to the AHC system, so you have to depressurize the system to add a spring spacer. Much simpler to add the spring rubbers as they do not require coil removal to add. Additionally the LX springs are much lighter spring tension than TLC springs (about 1/2), so there are not off the shelf higher tension springs in abundance. In a TLC it is easy to just buy the next up rated coil; a spring rubber could be used to determine the amount of spring tension the new coil could have; or just read what others with similar mods are running.

<edit on a TLC I suggest the black (high) or green (highest) version of the spring rubber, I based blue on the spring tension of the LX, which is much softer than the TLC>

Thank you

I put in these spring rubbers to increase the spring tension and offset the new weight on the front.
Excellent addition and completely stopped the issues I had with adding the 130+ pounds to the front. Soft mode is back on the menu and the ahc can control attitude like it should.
These are size B, and the second of the four hardnesses available.
Got about 1/2” lift as well.

View attachment 3106973

View attachment 3106974

View attachment 3106975
Mind 🤯 I've been tuning all sorts of things for a while now but I have never seen or heard of those before. I already have the OEM 10mm spacers, but these would be perfect for a tundra long arm swap. I really like that they are easily tunable. Definitely need to do more research on these, thanks for sharing!

Mind 🤯 I've been tuning all sorts of things for a while now but I have never seen or heard of those before. I already have the OEM 10mm spacers, but these would be perfect for a tundra long arm swap. I really like that they are easily tunable. Definitely need to do more research on these, thanks for sharing!
Put in an additional 9 hours of freeway time this weekend. The front is still a tiny bit soft, I think I'm going up to black on the front. I bought some red (soft) for the rear (still uninstalled), but I think I'll move the blue set from the front to the rear, and return the red.

It could just be that I need to put the rear ones in before drawing conclusions, I was running the full family, so 650 lbs people + full load of stuff.

Blue on front still a huge improvement over none at all, but I think there are more gains here, and it is inexpensive to experiment.

On a tlc

I put in some dot rated led generic fogs. Very good and throw a lot of light where you need it.
Lower stripe in the photo.
I had to aim them a bit lower since.

BCED5B70-8123-4593-8D26-AEC14869EA4D.jpeg

Black spring rubber in size B is perfect on the LX. I have the rival bumper, budbuilt steel armor front and engine, and a lighter weight winch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom