2008 LC Rival 4X4 bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally installed the rival winch bumper. @grinchy did a full write up on installing one on a LX570 awhile back. I ordered in August and recently received. It was a little over $2000 with free shipping. They did hit me with a extra $350 pallet charge though? So much for free shipping right? Customer service was great. Very responsive in a timely matter. I also ordered a Iron Man 4x4 12k monster winch which fit with no issues. Install was straight forward and I did it by myself. Took maybe 5hrs from start to finish. The only issue I had was with the weather strip along the edge of the bumper. It just looks like crap. It was half off when I received it. Putting it back on just didn't look right. I just got irritated with it and eventually just ripped it off completely. I can live with the little gap for now. Headlight washers didn't fit at all. Didn't line up with brackets. Instructions was so so. I actually watch some youtube videos on it 1st. Pretty much for a more detailed finish look. Happy to answer any questions. Most are probably answered in grinchy lengthy post. All in all was worth the money. Get alittle over 12mpg around town so far. Haven't done to much highway yet.

20221012_093052.jpg

20221012_134649.jpg

20221012_134659.jpg

20221013_121232.jpg

20221013_121222.jpg

Last edited:
Moar overall pics of that beauty please.

EDIT: beat me to it!

I would def get some Westcott collars for the front with that on there.

Moar overall pics of that beauty please.

EDIT: beat me to it!

I would def get some Westcott collars for the front with that on there.
I actually have the oem spacers for up front. Definitely gonna move to get them installed now. I like the stock height actually. It's my daily and I do frequent car parking garages. Suspension is new oem about 2 years ago.

I actually have the oem spacers for up front. Definitely gonna move to get them installed now. I like the stock height actually. It's my daily and I do frequent car parking garages. Suspension is new oem about 2 years ago.

I highly recommend you watch these videos first:

A 10mm spacer will do practically nothing for you with that bumpers weight up front.
Toyota specs those sure, but it's a top mount using the existing studs. Theres no room for more with good thread engagement for a larger spacer.

In my setup it's for a completely different purpose and does not provide lift.
I augmented my collars studs for my 20mms and i can safely run more because it only adjusts shock stroke neutral point for AHC.
Your assembly is held and lifted by the spring, ideally you want to preload it a bit more than what the 10mm will provide (practically nothing in terms of spring rate) but they will level a stock truck.

How much does that bumper weigh? Not saying it's dangerous and your shock will top out, just saying it's suboptimal before you go through the trouble.

Thanks for the links. Bumper is 110 lbs plus the winch is about 65 lbs. Couple of friends that's been wheeling yotas forever ever said I shouldn't have a issue with the weight. Suspension is fairly new. But you never know. It doesn't feel all that different then before. We'll see

Thanks for the links. Bumper is 110 lbs plus the winch is about 65 lbs. Couple of friends that's been wheeling yotas forever ever said I shouldn't have a issue with the weight. Suspension is fairly new. But you never know. It doesn't feel all that different then before. We'll see

No problem, you will still get the approximate ratio equivalent 20mm of additional travel and some pseudo pre load effects under compression mimicking a taller spring, but with the same spring rate.
But I'm not gonna lie to you, thats a lot of weight up front forward of the "axle" to keep factory coils in regards to ride dynamics.
Are you planning on doing suspension later or rear bumper? The HE already has taller / stiffer? rear coils if I'm not mistaken and the 200 is already front heavy.

No problem, you will still get the approximate ratio equivalent 20mm of additional travel and some pseudo pre load effects under compression mimicking a taller spring, but with the same spring rate.
But I'm not gonna lie to you, thats a lot of weight up front forward of the "axle" to keep factory coils in regards to ride dynamics.
Are you planning on doing suspension later or rear bumper? The HE already has taller / stiffer? rear coils if I'm not mistaken and the 200 is already front heavy.
Maybe in the spring time before any real traveling next year. Just not looking for a lift though. Maybe a inch. Not really into the 2 plus inch lifts. Not my thing

There’s a pinch weld that will fix that. I think the ‘side’ style where the bulb is on the side versus the ‘top’ style where the bulb is below or above the slot in the pinch weld.

Glad to see what it looks like on a tlc!

Much faster install in the tlc without having to fab a new crossmember and the bumper cover trimming.

Lx install Rival4x4 TLC Aluminum Front Bumper - on a Gen 1 LX - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rival4x4-tlc-aluminum-front-bumper-on-a-gen-1-lx.1291160/
Pinch weld? I definitely like the bumper. Thanks again for posting up. Never heard of this beforehand.

Maybe in the spring time before any real traveling next year. Just not looking for a lift though. Maybe a inch. Not really into the 2 plus inch lifts. Not my thing

Your'e preaching to the choir man, this is why I love AHC so much. 3" lift and extended travel "shock" from factory when i want one, and not on the highway...

Lifting IFS is a gigantic can of worms I've learned from the few years being into this space.

And I'm dumb, that is not an HE unless you used HE coils in your refresh.

Last edited:
Your'e preaching to the choir man, this is why I love AHC so much. 3" lift and extended travel "shock" from factory when i want one, and not on the highway...

Lifting IFS is a gigantic can of worms I've learned from the few years being into this space.

And I'm dumb, that is not an HE unless you used HE coils in your refresh.
Yeah man I owned a LX470 and loved it. Rust was killing it though. I was actually looking for a LX570. Couldn't find one without the tan/beige interior. This 08 Amazon LC just fell into my lap. Actually passed on it twice. Finally went to look at it dury the initial covid outbreak. Good price and boom. I do miss the AHC though. Very good system that's so underrated. I'm rocking base oe suspension not HE.

Yeah man I owned a LX470 and loved it. Rust was killing it though. I was actually looking for a LX570. Couldn't find one without the tan/beige interior. This 08 Amazon LC just fell into my lap. Actually passed on it twice. Finally went to look at it dury the initial covid outbreak. Good price and boom. I do miss the AHC though. Very good system that's so underrated. I'm rocking base oe suspension not HE.

Rust killed my 470 and i still cry about it everyday. Bone stock grey on grey.
I am still considering paying a shop somewhere to somehow power vent my rear third quarter window. I’ll never forgive Toyota for that. And now the tailgate? **** them.
I gave it up just as i was able to really have the space and time to play with it.
Never again paying the rust tax.

Whatever you did however was worth it for the Amazon Green. Some here swear its a diff color to Nori, but im not sure looking at your photos. Green on beige is straight class though. I would take it anyday.

You may not have AHC but you can max flex with KDSS in ways it cant. I think its a good excuse to build it out and go wild. Blank slate so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom