Ride with 2.5 inch lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_0970.JPG
Have a lead on a 100 series LC.
Recently had a OME lift put on it. How is the ride with the lift and any concerns I should be aware of. It Will be a daily driver.

Do you know which shocks they used? There are different OME shocks for the same application that can make a difference in ride quality. That is a nice looking rig. I would consider it even if it rode a bit rough. Just make sure all the PM stuff is done or that you plan to follow through with it.

OME has different springs for different applications. Lift springs for heavy loads will ride rougher than those made for stock weights. If the OME springs are the "stock weight specific" ones, the ride should be just fine.

Look like Method

@scent of a mule I have a medium weight 2 or 2.5" rear springs in my 100 series. Mine rides really well. It is firm over bumps, but responds well around corners feeling more responsive than my factory springs. I wouldn't want heavy springs in the rear. I don't carry much in the back day to day, and I don't have a rear bumper. Sometimes I have third row seats in. I load it down for camping trips and it handles everything I can throw in the back and on a hitch rack without being sloppy on mountainous-highway roads. And I regularly haul 7 full size high school kids with roof racks and it rides great. I think if the springs are mediums they will be a good balance for daily driving and some light loads like I do. I have ironman foam shocks I think. Rear springs can be switched to different firmness levels relatively easy.

I would be more concerned with the front end components on the lift. Does it have factory torsion bars supporting the front bumper (does the winch have a steel line) and is there a diff drop? I would check CV boots also.

As soon as I lifted my 100 in the front I needed to replace my CV joints and soon after made a diff drop.

As for driving it everyday I think my 2" lift works great.

Not really enough information, and will depend on your point of reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom