Reversed Polarity, blew Alt Fuse - starts, but gas pedal isn't working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently took a jump from a good Samaritan who crossed the jumper cables. The truck wouldn't start or turn over and I discovered that I had blown the Alt 140amp fusable link and a few other fuses.
I've replaced them all, and the cruiser now starts, but when I push the gas pedal, nothing happens.
Wondering if this is one of the relays (EFI?) that needs to be replaced, or did I miss a fuse?

Thoughts?

Casey
Denver
99 landcruiser, 235k miles

My first thought would be the throttle position sensor (TPS).

Had similar situation where good Samaritan helped when i left lights on & killed battery on my 91 cruiser. He crossed the cables from his jumper pack & After realizing we fixed them. After a few min engine would turn over & batt gauge showed we had juice...but would not start. Ended up buying new batt, older had several years anyway...bit same prob, turns over but no starting. Wondering if i may have blown efi fuse or something like that???? Any suggestions ???

Go through all of your fuses, under the hood, in the cabin, everywhere. If you don't find any, check your relays next, especially relay for starter.

Casey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom