“reverse engineering” and finding the security system? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi all,
is there a couple of good places for me to look for this security system? any places to look? any idea on what might be there? motion? sound? ignition lock of some kind?
also, am i wasting my time trying to see if i can get it operational? i mean, am i trying to get a “fob” made in some way? should i just try to pry open the in dash mount somehow? or another way to get at the innards in the dash?
THANK YOU from a new owner and newish wrench...
jon

F99284B4-C111-4F1F-9562-38701D03DA8D.jpeg

There's a write up about this if you search for it. The brain is under the driver's seat and you'll need to chase the harness up through the dash.

I'm pulling mine when I get around to it, I'll put in a manual disable switch. Had one in my old RAM that killed the fuel pump when the toggle was thrown. Could have left that truck anywhere, it would have required a tow truck to take it.

There's a write up about this if you search for it. The brain is under the driver's seat and you'll need to chase the harness up through the dash.

I'm pulling mine when I get around to it, I'll put in a manual disable switch. Had one in my old RAM that killed the fuel pump when the toggle was thrown. Could have left that truck anywhere, it would have required a tow truck to take it.

thanks man. i should say i should have searched for this first but somehow getting a response helps on knowing what to look for. /thanks/
so is this thing OEM? or dealer/port installed?
what does it do? i mean, i guess i am not savvy enough to know what is meant by it killed the fuel pump when the toggle was thrown.
lastly (thanks again) is this where the switch for the 7 pin mod goes normally...?
and is there any utility to keeping it? or this is a really bad idea from what i am hearing?

Last edited:
The brain is under the driver's seat and you'll need to chase the harness up through the dash.

That's not necessarily true, your assuming that his truck still has the Toyota "port installed alarm system". If it still has the port installed alarm system, then yes, the brain will be under the drivers seat.

One thing you need to remember, the youngest of our trucks is 21 years old now, in that length of time many of the factory alarm systems have been replaced by aftermarket alarms.

In my case, my factory alarm system was replaced with an aftermarket one, and the new brain box was now installed up behind the drivers side kick panel.

That's not necessarily true, your assuming that his truck still has the Toyota "port installed alarm system". If it still has the port installed alarm system, then yes, the brain will be under the drivers seat.

One thing you need to remember, the youngest of our trucks is 21 years old now, in that length of time many of the factory alarm systems have been replaced by aftermarket alarms.

In my case, my factory alarm system was replaced with an aftermarket one, and the new brain box was now installed up behind the drivers side kick panel.

thanks for the reminder and the heads up. i don’t think i fully understood i need to go looking for this.
can i ask what these things do exactly? or maybe it will be in that thread i have printed out over here.

I didnt even know mine had an alarm until it started randomly going off on opening the driver's door after 3 years ownership :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom