Returning to the fold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been without a truck for 3 years and out of touch for a bit longer. I hope to get back on the trails. I picked up a 2019 4Runner and want to see what they can do. Are there any runs happening soon? I travel a lot, but if I am in town, I am interested.

I have White Knuckle Off-Road sliders coming soon and need to mount my winch. Otherwise the truck is ready.

Looking forward to the next meeting.

Cheers.

Mounted the winch yesterday! Was a good day for it. No major issues. Need to test it out on the trail. works in the driveway, but what fun is that?

I had my nephew help who has not wrenched before. He had fun and has the itch to get out to the trails! Inspiring the next generation. ;)

Welcome back, Brian! It will be great to see you.

Most of the club information is now on our Facebook page. I try to relay things when I can (or remember LOL), but I'm not an officer anymore, so it's all second-hand. Here is a link to that page, just to save you from searching: Cascade Cruisers | Tigard OR - https://www.facebook.com/CascadeCruisers

I think you are going to like the 4Runner. I enjoyed mine when I had it. LOL

I see the Facebook page, but not many posts there either.

I am curious on the sway bars. Is there an easy method for disconnecting while wheeling and reconnecting for the road? I saw "quick disconnects" online, but they seem to be some form of sway bar slider and not a true disconnect.

The 40 series never had these, so I am not familiar.

I will be on the road far more than the trail, but want to have the flex on the trail.

Cheers.

What can I say? They are slackers. LOL!

I assume your 4Runner doesn't have KDSS? If it does, don't worry about it. That system works great! If it doesn't, I believe you would have to fab up a quick disconnect system. Personally, I would get it on the trail first and see if it's even needed. As it sits, the 4Runner will flex better than your old 42.

I will be happy if I don't have to mess with disconnects. It does not have KDSS. I do want to get out on the trail! My travel schedule makes that interesting.

March is the Lone Star Land Cruisers Round Up and I will drive down for that, but hope to get it out up here before then.

Are there any plans to get on the trail this weekend or next? I am up for it!

Cheers.

Well! Fine! Seems the trails may come to me if the weather forecast holds for the weekend of the 13th! 10+ inches of snow? I will play on the roads, cause that is safe :)

I plan to make the meeting. I did get out Saturday during the blizzard and climbed larch mountain in Washington with a group of 7 rigs. Good fun. We were out there way too long. Hit the trail before 10am and back to washougal at 10:30pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom