Restomod Project Porkchop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys and girls,
I've been lurking for a few years now. I actually registered last year to send Cruiserstuff a PM so that I could purchase his pig which I did last Aug. At one point I composed a very thorough and detail description of what I have accomplished and what lies in the future BUT my laptop crashed hard (my hard drive was making the dreaded clicking noises for sometime) and lost my documents. So I decided to finally share with you the cliff notes version of what I have been up to, with the help of all my good friends and of course the very LC educamated wizard know around these parts as Cruiserstuff.

Like I said I found "Porkchop" (compliants to Cruiserstuff's lil' miss for the name)
here on mud, fell in love and quickly drove up to see what I got my self into.
Some quick background of my mechanical skills, the past 15 years I spent all my friday nights and weekends working and obsessing over mustangs. I can do some minor wrenching but by no mean I'm no Cruiserstuff.
I owned a 97 cobra at the time which I threw all kinds of silly money on to squeak out as much horsepower as I could. As I matured and my wife and I had a baby I soon began to realize that having a 400HP car to go get groceries was not too bright.

Flash to summer of 09' I finally sold my cobra and found another project to dump my soul into. Now I am a happy part of the Toyota family.
What is funny is before I bought my first mustang (96 V6, slower then a Acura Integra GSR with 4 people in the car) I had my eyes set on a 68' 40.

Sooo what have we been up to the last year?
I let the pictures do the talking but I'll add my comments here and there.
AND if your'e ever in the my neck of the woods please look me up I'm a total gear head and love to just talk about cars.
Here's a lil nostalgia coming your way, original classified post from the legendary Cruiserstuff:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-classifieds-corner/278138-74-pig-part-out-sell-so-cal.html

I guess I'll break up each post by time frame of the project. Also I tried to get a picture in the same spot @ my buddy's paint shop but he kept moving it around.

Hope you guys enjoy the Pig pron, I hope to get everything back in starting in FEB. It's like a giant puzzle of metal and Toyota goodness.

Soooo here we go.
Residing in the mountain top:
pc1.jpg
pc1a.jpg

Great job, good luck with the rest.

Good looking Pig, one of my favorite color combos.
Putting them back together is the easy part...

SWEET color combo, nice work.

Thanks everyone, I'm really hoping to get back on it in FEB. Have a lot to do, but I'm excited. I'll post more pics as I progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom