Rescued a 100 from the jungle... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruzerDave

Land Shark Outfitters
Threads
Website
landsharkoutfitters.com
...the concrete jungle that is!

I love, love, love my 62 but needed the ability (and, to be honest, comfort) to take the family to Moab or Glacier Natl Park or maybe even Alaska, and upgrading a 263k mile drivetrain would've been way too money out of pocket, and time, at this point in my life.

The article on Expo listing the top 10 overland vehicles was what sold me on the 100, but I wasn't in a hurry to find one, and had never even driven one (!), when I spotted this shining jewel on ebay.

A 98 w/rear locker, lived its entire life in SoCal and never been off road, nary a scratch or dent to be found, and had only 100k miles. Luckily my Dad and uncle were in the area to confirm the vin and test drive it, and ebay provides protection for title fraud. Bidding started at 10k and I won at $12,200. Considering I had been following two similar trucks on CL that were for sale over $20k, I was thrilled. I caught a flight down and without hesitation drove home 850 miles at 80 mph with the biggest sh$t-eatin grin on my face... a cruiser with power and comfort?!?!! AHHHHHHHH..... heaven.*

As soon as I think of a name for her/him? I'll start a build thread, but in the meantime I thought this 'before and after' turned out pretty well:

Before:
trip home-1.jpg

After:
trip home-2.jpg

(For those curious that's Mt Shasta off the 97)

*Ok, heaven EXCEPT for the looks - the Land Shark gets a thumbs up, nod, or grin just about every single day, including from me as I walk up to him. The 100? Ummmm, nope, can't find it in the parking lot. I guess it's time for a build thread;)

Congrats and you'll need to share photos of the land shark too. :)

Congrats and you'll need to share photos of the land shark too. :)
I will, but regrettably it will be in the 'For Sale' section...;(

I never really posted many notes & pics on it, wish I had, that's the reason I'll start a build thread for the hundy: to force me to share & document as I go.

@stonepa - 150k of adventures sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom