Replacing CV Axles - Any other parts to change out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
charlesandhudson.com
McGeorge has CVs on a good sale so picking up a couple to change out this weekend.

I've watched some videos and read through some threads here. Any recommendations on parts to switch out while I'm doing this job? I don't plan on going any deeper than the axles.
Thanks.

About to buy some new ones, thanks for the heads up!!

Hub flanges, axle seals in the diff, and new circlips for the outer shafts. Be prepared to possibly find a can of worms when you get in there and have to leave the truck on Jack stands while you order more parts (e.g., if you find busted ball joint boots or bad ball joints, etc.).

Hub flanges, axle seals in the diff, and new circlips for the outer shafts. Be prepared to possibly find a can of worms when you get in there and have to leave the truck on Jack stands while you order more parts (e.g., if you find busted ball joint boots or bad ball joints, etc.).
Thanks - I recently did upper and lower control arms so new ball joints. Do the OEM axles come with seals?

Do the OEM axles come with seals?

Nope.

Get some brass drifts, I just had a metal place in Dallas cut me some brass rods 1/2" and 3/4" in both 12" and 18" lengths. Cheaper than buying drifts and you can get them in whatever diameter and length you want.

I've beat the hell outta mine over the years on various jobs.

Do the OEM axles come with seals?
No. Here’s the part #s:
Driver = 9031147013
Passenger = 9031147027

Get some brass drifts, I just had a metal place in Dallas cut me some brass rods 1/2" and 3/4" in both 12" and 18" lengths. Cheaper than buying drifts and you can get them in whatever diameter and length you want.
And buy this from @NLXTACY : Toyota 4WD IFS Output Shaft Seal Driver - https://absolute-wits-end.com/toyota-4wd-ifs-output-shaft-seal-driver/

FWIW, I made a seal driver out of $10 worth of PVC pipe fittings from Home Depot…

Any recommendations on parts to switch out while I'm doing this job?

The end-linkage bits for the sway bars. Easy to do while you're in there doing axles. If you're ok with non-OEM, Rock Auto has a great selection in kit form. When you buy OEM, you typically have to order every little bolt, nut, and bushing separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom