Replacement Seat Foam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GRM

Finding new adventures in old jalopies.
Threads
I’m swapping 1977 FJ40 Buckets into my 1971. I have new covers from cruiser corps, but the foam in the old seats is trash.

A search led me to Spector, but they only sell the bottom cushion foam.

Who sells the seat bottom and back foam for a 1977 pair of FJ40 buckets?

Good luck. The only place online I’ve seen is SOR for the bottom cushions, which are $$$. I just took mine to an upholstery shop and they were able form cut new backs and bottoms and install the CruiserCorps covers over them. Doing a search will show this is what most people end up doing.

Thats a bummer. It makes my life alot harder trying to get these seats together.

This project awaits me as well. SOR is spendy as hell and then there is the SHIPPING!!!!🙄👻

A local upholstery shop is what I did. Less than the foam and the kit from SOR drop off/pickup done deal and they look great.

I rebuilt mine with Sunmate Memory Foam. I used soft for most of it, and Medium for the thigh bolsters on the drivers base cushion. I’m very happy with the results. However when it gets below freezing, the medium foam feels firm enough to leave bruises... until it warms up a few degrees. :D

Foam work isn’t hard... pun intended.

I used SOR for the bottom foam. Upholstery guy I used said I’d be into it for close to what SOR charges for his labor, foam, etc. He recommended just buying the already correct foam. I called SOR about the upper seat foam. Not available anywhere that they know of. The guy who did my seats had to build them up with his foam. I stripped and rattle caned all the brackets myself. I just need to wire up the seat heaters...:hillbilly:

Anyone us Procar seats as replacements? If so, what model did you get? Did you have to get an adapter? TIA
I did. The vinyl faded fast. I’m replacing them with factory seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom