Replacement exhaust systems? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this is an extensively covered question. I have been getting a code P0420 which is an indication of drivers side bank 1 catalytic issue. My vehicle is a 2006 LC100. I am wondering what folks are doing to replace these cats and exhaust systems short of going OEM $$$. While I am at it I am going to replace exhaust system all the way back. I am not looking to get the growl of a Flowmaster system. I have seen Magnaflow Cats claiming to be bolt on OEM rated. Walker has a complete system that includes the catalytic converters. Any other sensible suggestions for a system that is not aggressive would be greatly appreciated. I don't really want this thread to become a discussion about aggressive sound and high performance. Just suggestions about systems or parts offering good quality, value and as close to OEM sound and performance available on the market.

If I were you, I would change my upstream and downstream o2 sensors. I've read alot of trucks throw a cat code when the o2 sensors are bad

I had code P0420 and P0136 because the BANK 1 SENSOR 2 was loose from rusty nuts.
Tied it with a wire and ordered a new sensor.
While waiting for shipment, cleared the code twice, and P0420 never reappeared.
P0136 still kept on appearing.
After replacing the sensor, reset, more than a week of driving now and no more codes.

OBD2 for 100 series

If I were you, I would change my upstream and downstream o2 sensors. I've read alot of trucks throw a cat code when the o2 sensors are bad
Thanks for this info. I will certainly look into the upstream and downstream sensors. I have never thrown a P0136 code but have had the P0420 code several times. I clear and it will not reappear for quite a while. Then I will start the car and look down and notice the check engine light and when I check it shows code P0420.

I'm still waiting on recommendations for a complete exhaust system replacement.

I’ve got a complete exhaust worked out in my mind that I will build one day.

Doug Thorley Headers, all new stainless piping (including hi-flow y-pipe), hi-flow cats, new 02 bungs, URD 02 simulator (just to keep everything happy), and electronically actuated muffler (changes exhaust tone with dial or smartphone app).

Extend the 02 sensors bung after the cat and you’ll not see that code again.

P0420 doesn't necessarily mean a bad CAT:
From FSM:
Gas leakage on exhaust system
Heated oxygen sensor
Three−way catalytic converter

Other issue can also be at play affecting one or more of above.

Nope, they have petrol exhaust too.
And three sound levels, quite, mild and loud. I want quite.
No.... look at the selection up top. Only option for the 100 series land cruiser listed on their site is the 1HD-FTE, the Diesel engine. All of the pics of the setups for the 100 series show downpipe back exhaust systems, once again Diesel engine. They don’t even have anything mentioning the 2UZ-FE on their website. But I digress, this is not what this thread is about.

No.... look at the selection up top. Only option for the 100 series land cruiser listed on their site is the 1HD-FTE, the Diesel engine. All of the pics of the setups for the 100 series show downpipe back exhaust systems, once again Diesel engine. They don’t even have anything mentioning the 2UZ-FE on their website. But I digress, this is not what this thread is about.

I've already contacted them, they do have exhaust for the V8. At least they did a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom