Rent a new vdj76 for $10/day. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just thought I would post this up in case anyone has time to jump on this whether you're in Aussie or abroad.

4WD Campervan Hire - $10 per day 4WD campervan hire | Britz

It's a relocation special. They need the vehicles moved from Melbourne where they're built to their other locations.

I was in NZ and figured this would be a good way to end the annual trip abroad.

The one I picked up yesterday has only done 19km . Still a bit nervous driving it as I don't want to put the first scratch on it.

Anyway...I'm headed to Brisbane. Anyone willing to share local knowledge on the best off the beaten track places along the way... On me.

Lamington National park for scenery and camping, south west of brissie
Glasshouse mountains for scenery and 4wheeling just north of Brissie
national parks west of Coffsharbour for some crazy 4wheeling.
any of the national parks on the north coast. Washpool national park, and others in the area.

try and chat to locals, best to do this when you aren't standing beside the Britz camper though.
or call into visitor information centres when you can find them

Q - What is faster than a tourist in a Britz camper?
A - Another tourist in a Britz camper

Yep. My right foot is pretty heavy but I've been sure to pull over if someone behind me has a heavier foot.

I hate being a tourist but it's really hard to blend in with all the britzs logos...would have already peeled them off but I'm sure they'd nail me when I turn it in.

Thanks for the heads up on the spots. hope to do some wheeling but don't reckon I'll get too carried away given how much gear is in/on the rig.

SWAMPRUNNER!!! The hell's going on?!?! No pictures? I thought that was illegal here on Mud.

Not the best picture as it's been raining. But it gives you the idea. It's just the basic no frills 76 model. Decent rooftop tent and a horrible interior setup in the rear. There is a metal cage barrier between rear seat and cargo area??
There's a nice Engel fridge surrounded by a bunch of camping stuff thrown in the back.
Can't believe they didnt build/buy a drawer system...instead they just threw the gear in plastic bins and called it a day.

Will take some better ones today when we stop for the day.

IMG_3315.JPG

Does that tyre step sit on top of the tyre or at hub height?

Where are you located now but the princes hwy up the coast is nice then swing up through the snowy mountains etc but how long have you got the truck for.

Heading up the coast right now surfing/fishing etc. was gonna head up to the snowy mountains but looked like more rain up there than the coast so we stuck to the coast. Currently camped out at a beach a bit south of Ulladulla.
Visiting mates north of Sydney for Anzac day. No plans after that. Have to return the truck in Brisbane on may 3. For $10/day I got it for as long as they allow...14 days.

Promise to get better pics before the trip is over.

IMG_3320.JPG

Ah... i can breathe now. Thank you!

When you get near Coffs Harbour I might be able to show you around the local fire trails if your around on the weekend. Some great places around this neck of the woods.
We can test one of the first 70's against the latest 70 series.

hj75 001.JPG

Last edited:
At the hub making it basically useless unless you are 7 ft tall

Yes, I just carry a milk crate. Some one did make one that fitted onto the tyre, but I haven't seen one for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom