1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Door Panel on a 1970

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by greytandy, Aug 18, 2006.

1. greytandy

greytandy

Media:
    Albums:
    This is a followup to my previous question. Thanks to those that responded. A MUD search revealed step-by-step instructions on how to remove the front door panel on later models where it appears it's a nice separate piece. How does one do this on an older model? A pointer to where this has been explained before would be dandy. Thanks again.

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    The lower part of the thin door is two pieces, welded together...the upper part is held in by a couple screws/bolts....the upper part contains the window frame that the window slides in, all the way down into the door body....remove the fasteners and pull the wing window/upper door/window frame off the lower section of the door...

What are you trying to do?

3. greytandy

greytandy

Media:
    Albums:
    Oh, so the whole window thing lifts out from the door making it hollow (sorta)? I'm trying to replace the #%@$ door lock. The retaining clip can be a PITA to afix, so I'm trying to see if I can get easier access. Maybe I can't. :confused:

4. Texx

Texx

Easier to separate the window, or at least remove the crank mechanism. Sorry about my previous post, I missed the 1970 part!

5. greytandy

greytandy

Media:
    Albums:
    No problem. I had almost every screw removed and couldn't figure out how the damn thing came apart! Not sure removing the upper window panel will give me more wiggle room, but it's worth a shot.

6. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:

No it won't. Not for the lock. Long nose pliers. I mean long.

7. greytandy

greytandy

Media:
    Albums:
    I figured. Luckily I have "scissor-locking" pliers so I won't drop the retaining clip into the bottom of the door (hopefully). Thanks all.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">