Remote key problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I just bought a remote transponder key for my LX470 (2005) off ebay. I used techsteam and programmed the remote key part of it and subsequently I got it cut and programmed by a locksmith. It generally works great (although I find in difficult to press the remote key buttons, as they are below the level of the plastic key shell, thats a mess).

A few times I just couldn't get my SUV opened with the remote. I can see the remote led lighting up for a few milliseconds and switching off (like other times) but the locks will not unlock. has this happened to anybody else? if it has, have you found the reason.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Put a fresh battery in it. Hold key under your chin as you aim at vehicle (not kidding). That's about all you can do until someone figures out a way to extend/boost the security antenna on these things (as with the 80 series).

Put a fresh battery in it. Hold key under your chin as you aim at vehicle (not kidding). That's about all you can do until someone figures out a way to extend/boost the security antenna on these things (as with the 80 series).

THanks. I'll try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom