Remanufactured Calipers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've put on just over 7k miles. Loving the conversion. No pulsating whatsoever. So far, well worth the investment. About 300 miles ago, I ditched the PowerStop front pads and put on Akebono. The PowerStops had about 19k miles. I just never liked them. Always felt like there were chucks of metal in the one pad, and scrapes on the rotor confirmed that. Akebonos feel great. Went on a easy-ish downhill offroad trip Saturday (Schnebly HIll Rd, AZ), and everything worked like a champ!
Thanks for writing. I'll let you know how my new parts fare.

Also, definitely was not old brake fluid. Pulsating is an issue with the 470. Would be great if a flush & fill would take care of the problem. Good luck, and keep us posted on how your conversion goes.

Did you ever do the GX460 front brake conversion? If so, how did it go, and how do you like them. Just wondering. Thanks.
Good to hear that everything is good so far. You convinced me to upgrade my brakes to the gx460 brakes since I get a shudder under moderate braking when at highway speeds. Figured I could use new calipers since what I have are 15 years old. But I did go with centric instead of Calahan thoug

Did you ever do the GX460 front brake conversion? If so, how did it go, and how do you like them. Just wondering. Thanks.
I did do the front gx460 conversion. They solved the shuddering issue I had. Hard to say how I like them. You for sure need to paint the calipers before installing them or they will rust instantly so I painted mine black. To be honest though, if I had to do it again I think I would buy new oem calipers from the dealer. My local dealer wants I think $140 per caliper for a 5th gen 4 runner and for that price difference I'd rather new oem ones. There was a period of time I thought my calahan ones were sticking. I am not entirely sure if they are or are not on the lower inside pistons or if it is my alignment that needs to be adjusted too.

Glad they solved the problem, sorry you are/were possibly having problems with the Callahan caliper. I priced new rotors from Lexus and Toyota before going with Callahan, but at that point they were waaaaaay more than $140 each. Had that been the case, I would have picked up the new. Seems like they were closer to $250 each. The calipers I received from Callahan were already painted silver (some kind of zinc paint), but rust is not much of an issue living in AZ. Before receiving them I had researched caliper paint too, because I heard other brands were unpainted and famous for getting rusty. Did yours look like the ones I show in the pictures? Anyway, enjoy no more shuddering and annual brake jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom