Remanufactured Calipers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like I mentioned, I have the GX470 PowerStop front rotors and Z36 pads on currently. The stopping power is amazing, but I'm have the pulsing again after 9,000 miles.
Check out this link from Powerstop: What Causes the Brake Pedal to Pulse or Vibrate? - PowerStop Brakes.
I did the Powerstop recommended 'bedding' process a couple of different times and my rotors are clean and the braking is smooth. I did do calipers, rotors, pads and a complete brake fluid flush (very dirty fluid). That said, my brakes do not have 9000 miles on them either. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks. I've heard that too. I'll give it a try this weekend. I did the break-in process when I first installed them. Not sure why I would have to keep going through that process, especially with their drilled and slotted rotors, but I'll give it a shot. Interestingly, I haven't heard of any complaints of pulsating on the GX460, or those that have converted to the GX460 caliper and rotors. Which is the reason I'm doing the conversion. We'll see. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies fellas. For better or worse I went with wrecking yard calipers off a 10-13 4runner which I believe is the same as a gx460. Think I ****ed up instead of going with rebuilds? Gonna go with Akebono rotors and pads and a fresh fluid change. Hopefully the setup does me right.

I’ve spent some money out the gate on this gx470, hopefully this truck is gonna roll hard for a long time.
I’ll update the thread when I get them on in a few days.

Thanks for all the replies fellas. For better or worse I went with wrecking yard calipers off a 10-13 4runner which I believe is the same as a gx460. Think I f***ed up instead of going with rebuilds? Gonna go with Akebono rotors and pads and a fresh fluid change. Hopefully the setup does me right.

I’ve spent some money out the gate on this gx470, hopefully this truck is gonna roll hard for a long time.
I’ll update the thread when I get them on in a few days.
Let's see a pic of your rig...

Let's see a pic of your rig...
Ok here goes.

44CC93D4-B568-492D-85DB-E559D2068C76.jpeg

086F367D-EE4F-43DF-B527-40800D855CEA.jpeg

E159E0FB-DCE8-46BA-A256-7651771F1227.jpeg

65892C92-A4FE-4379-A13E-8E8524912756.jpeg

Love the FN wheels!! I have my eye on a set of those as well! AND the Cooper Discovery AT. How do you like the set?

So far it blows away the stock setup I had before. It noticeably changes the look and feel of the vehicle. Its much more planted now and is still extremely quiet and took away the bit of rear side to side play the vehicle seemed to have. The zero offset wheels look much sharper and more aggressive too. I haven’t taken it offroad yet so unknown on that front. Very happy so far. Just need to get my brake situation handled so I can start piling up miles on it.

Today's deliveries!!

1020201058_HDR.jpg
1020201218b.jpg

Initial thoughts on the Raybestos rotors & Callahan calipers....WOW!! Both look better than expected. Yeah, I know, let's wait for the performance test. Hitting the road this weekend, so hoping to have it completed next weekend. I'll do plenty of posting when it happens.

Today's deliveries!!

View attachment 2471216View attachment 2471217

Initial thoughts on the Raybestos rotors & Callahan calipers....WOW!! Both look better than expected. Yeah, I know, let's wait for the performance test. Hitting the road this weekend, so hoping to have it completed next weekend. I'll do plenty of posting when it happens.
NICE...they look awesome! Do not forget to follow the "bed in" instructions (at least Powerstop has this requirment).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom