Reliable shops for LX570 head gasket seal repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a place in the SF Bay Area for a 2008 LX570 head gasket seal. Looks like a head gasket seal is damaged, white fume from exhaust, coolant getting in. From what I understand this is a 4-6k job and it's mostly the labor that incurs the coat. I've called numerous shops but all of them refuse to do it based on either availability or just that they do not have the capability.

I've performed automotive work before but no engine work or anything like this but I do have access to vehicle lifts and copious tools.

Any advice on shops, the repair, and costs would be hugely appreciated. Really need to get this car running again ASAP as I do not have an extra vehicle to use in meantime.

Approximately 300k miles

Looking for a place in the SF Bay Area for a 2008 LX570 head gasket seal. Looks like a head gasket seal is damaged, white fume from exhaust, coolant getting in. From what I understand this is a 4-6k job and it's mostly the labor that incurs the coat. I've called numerous shops but all of them refuse to do it based on either availability or just that they do not have the capability.

I've performed automotive work before but no engine work or anything like this but I do have access to vehicle lifts and copious tools.

Any advice on shops, the repair, and costs would be hugely appreciated. Really need to get this car running again ASAP as I do not have an extra vehicle to use in meantime.

Approximately 300k miles

Sorry for spelling mistakes meant "incurs the cost" and that I'm looking for a place to perform the work not just purchase the part

Sorry for spelling mistakes meant "incurs the cost" and that I'm looking for a place to perform the work not just purchase the part
check A+ Japanese Auto Repair in Redwood City. A "Yelp" on the internet should get what you need. They took good care of wife's Lexus prior to our moving to Idaho.

You can try SLT auto repair in Sunnyvale. The owner is a Toyota master tech and he has worked on LX570s before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom