RedArc Tow Pro Brake Controller (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's perfect, unfortunately it won't work on the 16+.
...because there is not enough clearance? Or because you don't want to give up your only front 12V power? Fortunately, in the 2013, there are two up front, so I did not mind killing one of them.

1614627458785.png

2. I had assumed the Tekonsha harness would be a compatible harness using some sort of standard connector for the Redarc unit. It is not. Don't be like me.

We offer an adapter from Tekonsha, to REDARC harness for future reference!

Part # TPH-017​

Hmmm. I’m looking for solutions for mounting the button.
I think because the port to plug into is behind the left hand switch panel (w power mirrors) it’s convenient.
But I think of the OZ crew that panel is on their right hand side so probably more natural.
Has anyone tried to mount it in one of the blank switches in the crawl control and ETC cluster.
There are a couple blank spots there and seems like an easy reach and better visual then the right knee cluster.
I hear behind the ETC area it’s not just an easy blank button swap. But may be doable.

Hmmm. I’m looking for solutions for mounting the button.
I think because the port to plug into is behind the left hand switch panel (w power mirrors) it’s convenient.
But I think of the OZ crew that panel is on their right hand side so probably more natural.
Has anyone tried to mount it in one of the blank switches in the crawl control and ETC cluster.
There are a couple blank spots there and seems like an easy reach and better visual then the right knee cluster.
I hear behind the ETC area it’s not just an easy blank button swap. But may be doable.
If I read you correctly that would leave the button mounted facing upward on the console. That would make it susceptible to something inadvertently being laid on the button and pressing it. Just something to consider. Again, if I read you correctly I wouldn't mount it that way.

Good point. Completely agree.
I've lived with the location of the brake controllers because it's just where the truck manufacturer put it. However when I finally had the chance to put it where I thought it ought to go I found myself in a complete mental breakdown over the perceived pros & cons of the best location. :bang:

Hi all. I have a LX570 2013 and I currently have my panels around the steering wheel removed and looking for the trailer brake plug, but I cannot see anything thet is wrapped in brown tape. Any suggestions or pics in identifying the correct harness?

Hi all. I have a LX570 2013 and I currently have my panels around the steering wheel removed and looking for the trailer brake plug, but I cannot see anything thet is wrapped in brown tape. Any suggestions or pics in identifying the correct harness?
I have some pics but from 2020 LC.. not sure how much location DNA is shared. It’s a brown cap.. I think. Could help..

D57E59EA-6F61-434C-892A-C0CC83A17D98.jpeg

68B240DD-F0E5-4F89-92D7-E4F96BCC2630.jpeg

89655859-00F2-4A4A-8634-C17B80601A30.jpeg

C6153E29-1324-41C6-AA18-690D8C958577.jpeg

C68677D1-8CB1-4C87-9F6D-0B4106B446F5.jpeg

I'm at a loss. I have almost completely removed the drivers side dash and still no closer. The only thing I found with brown tape was this harness that is plugged in to this orange block:

tempImageWnfFoa.jpg

And I cannot figure out how to remove the piece that has the drop-down door

I think mine was tucked almost as far to the left as it could go.

I wouldn’t get caught up on the the brown tape. Look for the connector with a larger blue wire, larger black wire, thin green wire and a thin white with black tracer wire.

I wouldn’t get caught up on the the brown tape. Look for the connector with a larger blue wire, larger black wire, thin green wire and a thin white with black tracer wire.

Holy mother of.....this ended up being the key. I wasn't really hung up on the brown tape but as there was little else to go on, I was hoping that there would be something to differentiate all the white harnesses up in there.

In the end, It was actually plugged in to the exact same block as that pic I posted above. Below the orange piece there are two other plugs and the one in back is the one I wanted and I only found it by looking for the combo of blue and black with a square plug.

I also found this after I actually found the plug. Go f'in figure:

Holy mother of.....this ended up being the key. I wasn't really hung up on the brown tape but as there was little else to go on, I was hoping that there would be something to differentiate all the white harnesses up in there.

In the end, It was actually plugged in to the exact same block as that pic I posted above. Below the orange piece there are two other plugs and the one in back is the one I wanted and I only found it by looking for the combo of blue and black with a square plug.

I also found this after I actually found the plug. Go f'in figure:

Funny, I think we must have been struggling with this at the exact same time yesterday. I pulled off a bunch of plastic unnecessarily before I read in that thread that the panel with the side mirror controls pulls straight out and then the plug is right there.

The switch blank that comes with the unit doesn’t fit so had to order the right part. Ended up removing the “kneeling” button and will install the controller knob in that spot.

Still can’t figure out how to get that coin tray removed...was hoping to install (have installed) a switch panel in that location for other odds and ends.

Funny, I think we must have been struggling with this at the exact same time yesterday. I pulled off a bunch of plastic unnecessarily before I read in that thread that the panel with the side mirror controls pulls straight out and then the plug is right there.

The switch blank that comes with the unit doesn’t fit so had to order the right part. Ended up removing the “kneeling” button and will install the controller knob in that spot.

Still can’t figure out how to get that coin tray removed...was hoping to install (have installed) a switch panel in that location for other odds and ends.

Ha. Yeah, I turned an hour long job into a two day job looking for that thing. For anybody that comes along to this thread, here is where I found mine (right behind the coin drawer):

tempImagez0AzzB.jpg

Yeah, repurposing the 12v in the ashtray drawer was an adventure. It was easy enough to get that section out, but then I had to keep going in layer by layer until I was able to remove the 12v receptacle housing and clean up the wiring. It wasn't too bad, just not obvious how to attack it. Getting it all put back together though was about a 60 second job.

tempImageiCQQJI.jpg

Yeah, repurposing the 12v in the ashtray drawer was an adventure. It was easy enough to get that section out, but then I had to keep going in layer by layer until I was able to remove the 12v receptacle housing and clean up the wiring. It wasn't too bad, just not obvious how to attack it. Getting it all put back together though was about a 60 second job.

View attachment 2631268
That’s a great spot for it though. Clean, accessible when you need it and out of the way when you don’t. I didn’t want to give up a power source otherwise I likely would have tried to fumble to install in the same place.

That’s a great spot for it though. Clean, accessible when you need it and out of the way when you don’t. I didn’t want to give up a power source otherwise I likely would have tried to fumble to install in the same place.

I was finally able to get the coin tray section removed but it was a pain. After you get the small section above it, with the side mirror controls, it Is easier. I think you will need to remove the side panel that faces the door as well, but maybe not. Then it pulls out, but you have to pull it straight and slightly down. Once you have it out you should be able to get the drawer part out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom