Record mpg? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

.For those that are quoting higher MPG and are runnning larger than stock tires, is your speedo gear corrected with correction gear or a Yellow Box?

My high mileages were with the 275/70 or whatever Michelins.

Low mpg was with the 255/80s. Don't remember if that was corrected or not, but I'm running the Slee drop-in gear, reads about 2 mph slow at 60. When it's low like that, correction isn't really worth the trouble to me.

I'm slow at math, that's why I'm a historian:confused:
:)

170 miles on a tank of gas @ .$98 @ liter, do the math, because I don't want to be scared!!!:eek:

Since I tried to keep it under 2k rpms as often as I can, Around town only driving at 13.2mpg, freeway driving fully loaded geared out 15.12mpg. Stock gears with 37's.

I don't mind going slow from stoplights, there to busy staring at them 37's on a Lexus to seem to get mad, lol.

Jeremy

I'm the same way I get to 2100 rms around town maximum (where my tranny shifts ) and maybe 3000 when I'm accelerating on the freeway. I have 125k just did a major tune up . All synthetic fluids no mods I'm jst getting ready to fill up so I'll post mpg with the new mods

For those that are quoting higher MPG and are runnning larger than stock tires, is your speedo gear corrected with correction gear or a Yellow Box?

I calculate mine mostly though the scan gauge which is calibrated though the GPS on my head unit.

mine with 255/85/16 and stock gears averages 14mpg, uphill downhill you name it tracked it for over a year some tanks more some less but average 14.15..

My wifes 80 only does in town and arround and it is 11mpg thats it.. with 285 revo's. no matter what i do to it, if you freeway it it gets about 16mpg at 70.. better at 55 but I CANT DRIVE 55... Revo's are alot better than the 305 mtr's.. gained about 2mpg going back to a narrower tire...and they ride nice..

the guys getting 18 and 19 are driving 50-55 and being very easy on the petal, and they dont live in the mountains...

I just took the family to the Oregon Coast for Spring Break, through the People's Republic of Oregon, where the speed limit is 55mph and the speeding tickets are spendy... 16.8 mpg from Boise to Bend. 15.3 average for the whole trip.

1995, 205k, lifted, bumper, winch, sliders, 285/75s pumped up to 60 psi, 4 kids a dog, cooler, and apile of duffles, etc...pretty stoked about that mileage, usually we get 11-12 mpg around town. Oh, and CEL has been on for about 3- years.

It is VERY VERY expensive to fill up with a sub tank here in SoCal. 38 gal total capacity.

I'm lucky to get 14mpg downhill! Usually 8-10 city and 10-12 highway. However, my average is about 9.6 to 10.1 MPG

Dan is right, alot of hills in San Diego and crappy ethanol gas here makes for bad MPG in an 80.

For those that are quoting higher MPG and are runnning larger than stock tires, is your speedo gear corrected with correction gear or a Yellow Box?

corrected w/ scangauge and speed verified with gps. my oem speedo is still off.

14.8 I tried an experiment this week when I drove to North Alabama from Atlanta. Back roads with little stopping, mostly 55-65mph. I typically get 11-12

Drove down from the mountains of WNC to the coast of NC this weekend and averaged 16.6 mpg, and that was with the cruiser loaded down. Will be interesting to see the mpg difference going back up to the mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom