Recommend a Auto Paint guy/shop - West Phx

lcgeek

Glad to meet you!
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a paint shop/guy on the west side? Nothing major, but thinking about getting my door handles sprayed, and if I do it, I want it done at factory quality.

Thanks!

Visit site
There is a place on 16th street and Osborn that did my grill when I murdered out my BMW. The paint held up very well and looked great the day I traded it for the hundy. I don't remember what the place is called but it is on the southeast corner.

DSRTRDR

I can mangle anything ...
SILVER Star
Visit site
when my little :cool: car was damaged :)mad:), the dealer referred me to Campus Auto Body (now it's called Campus Body Salon :rolleyes:) - they did a fantastic job that has held up through three states and more than 10 years :bounce:

I would take any of my vehicles there again

Visit site
There is a place on 16th street and Osborn that did my grill when I murdered out my BMW. The paint held up very well and looked great the day I traded it for the hundy. I don't remember what the place is called but it is on the southeast corner.

You're probably talking about Moe Allen. They've been around a long time and from what I remember they do decent work.

For several years, I've used Invision Auto Body in Mesa. While they are certainly not the low price leader, their work has always been top notch.

JM .$02

Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Can anyone recommend a paint shop/guy on the west side? Nothing major, but thinking about getting my door handles sprayed, and if I do it, I want it done at factory quality.

Thanks!

No aftermarket/body shop paint job will ever be as good as factory. The way to get factory, is replacement handles, last time I checked, they come painted and not at a huge price.

lcgeek

Glad to meet you!
Visit site
No aftermarket/body shop paint job will ever be as good as factory. The way to get factory, is replacement handles, last time I checked, they come painted and not at a huge price.

thanks. I need to double check a price on those. I did check with a local Toy westside dealer and I don't recall exactly the price...but was surprised what a set of 4 would cost, and not surprised in a good way. Completely installed was over a grand if I recall, not sure for just the parts.

Visit site
This looks like a good thread to ask a body paint question. What would you do with the trailer light socket on the rear sill and the second tank fill neck in the rear corner panel. Both mods common back in the sixties and seventies. I have no need for a second tank and the trailer light socket is in the way of the pintle hook in the stock location. Real question is since this is original paint would you just leave these or remove the pieces and fill the holes then blend in the paint? If removed and paint who? The running boards will be repainted but those are easy since I can just remove them.

This is a cruiser than I am going to work to back as close to stock and possible. Keep as a collector and only seeing light forest service roads.

Thanks
John

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

Visit site
If it is factory paint and is in usable condition, I wouldn't paint anything that I didn't have to, it is only original once. So would leave any period correct mods.

Thanks for your opinion. If I did repaint it would be in as small of area as possible. If I keep it the way it is I guess I should put the spare tank back in. It still in great shape but for the amount of driving I do it will never get fill. Had to remove it to get angle iron bumper the PO had on there. But he did have the original bumperettes and rear step he removed when he bought the cruiser new. But installing the tank means pulling it to get the nuts for the pintle hook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom