Recirculation motor for cabin air (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NSP

Threads
Hey Guys, my AC does the 20s delay and resets to 75 degrees at startups. Checking the circulation flap, it appears broken (as it's loose to open and close). Is there a write up to remove the motor or access? I had read on another thread that some were able to put it in circulation mode and then force it back. But not sure if my linkage is broken, it moves up and down freely.

Or is there a fuse that might control this motor? if so, any idea what number it is?

Thank you in advance!!

NSP

Last edited:
Was your cabin filter changed recently? I know the dealership screwed this simple task up on my LC and it was doing the delay in AC startup , etc...

I bought the truck only about a month ago, so not sure, but I would bet you are correct!!

I just checked it again, there is very little resistance when I lift the accordion flap to access the cabin filter. Is this normal? Or is my linkage broken? Is there a video on how to access the servo or motor that opens and closes the flap?

Sounds like the same issue. I'm not sure if there is a video. I know you need to make sure it's in recirc mode and then you can kind of force it to pop into place.

NLScooby, thanks for your response, it's strange though, It doesn't feel like there's any resistance at all. As if linkage was entirely broken. I guess I need to get in there and see what's going on.

Update: i think the climate control tries to open or close the flap initially, then it must stop because when you attempt to jam the flap back into the proper position you need to do it during the first few seconds of start up. I just did this and am pleased to report, I think it's fixed!! I will restart the car in about an hour and see if it still works..

Fired up the truck this morning and CC read 70 degrees. All good, thanks !!

Hi all I have same problem with my 200 series the cabin air filter flap linkage is broken where can I get a replacement?

Riaz, did you try to fix it when you first start up the truck? That’s how I did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom