For Sale rebuilt F engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
  2. 45 Series
  3. 55 Series
I've been rebuilding an F engine for my '65 45. The engine stamp is F 269868, which I believe is a '69 F engine. Some other bills have come up and I'm considering selling what I've been building since my 45 already has a running engine in it, although with low oil pressure. I have over $3500 in the build. I'll list it at $3500, but can negotiate a little.

Here’s what’s been done by a local machine shop with an excellent reputation (they’ve built several 2F engines before): block cleaned and decked, cylinders checked and honed, pistons checked, connecting rod journals reworked, crank main journals polished, crank rod journals ground to .040”, new cam bearings installed, new main bearings installed, new rod bearings installed, new rings installed, and the head was decked. The camshaft was reground by Delta Cams in Tacoma, WA, with the RV grind. The head valves were ground and new a few new ones installed with new seals. I have sitting in a box new: lifters, OEM oil pan gasket, OEM freeze plugs, OEM side plate gasket, OEM valve cover gasket, OEM crank seal, OEM rear main seal, and City Racer head gasket, plus the head dowel pins and new oil tube for the head. I also have a disassembled rocker arm assembly and used oil pump. I also have a Specter rebuilt oil pump that I’ll be posting for sale in a different post.

Here’s what I’ve done thus far: painted the block, head and side cover flat black with high temp paint and installed the pistons. Here’s are the parts that are still needed: oil pan, valve cover, and harmonic balancer. Here’s a list of work that remains for a rebuilt F engine long block: install the new freeze plugs, install the cam and timing cover, install the head and rocker arm assembly.

I have more pictures that I can send to anyone interested in the engine.

The engine is located in Jackson, TN, but I’m willing to ship if necessary.

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4519.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom