Rebuild, replace parts, or buy new(aftermarket) carb...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, my desmogged '87 FJ60 developed a leak in the Holley carb, appears to be coming from the accelerator pump and/or below the float bowl area.

I was thinking these are my options;

1. having someone rebuild the whole thing but I live in Hawai'i and I haven't been able to find anyone who can rebuild it yet. I also want to avoid heavy shipping costs +core fees, for someone on the continent to rebuild it.

2. I just order new gaskets and new accelerator pump and replace myself, I've only opened motorcycle carbs and have no experience with Holley.

3. Or, order this carb from City Racer (Aftermarket 2F / 1.5F Carburetor for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ60 - Made in Japan - https://www.cityracerllc.com/collections/land-cruiser-60-series/products/aftermarket-2f-carburetor-for-land-cruiser-fj40-fj60-made-in-japan)

I have been googling/MUDding carburetor feeds for a few days and everyone seems to want the original carb and I figured the City Racer is very close.

Thoughts?

HOLLEY.jpg

Been running a carb like city racers for many moons now, over 60k miles from 13k to sea level

a seller here on mud used to sell a desmogged high altitude carb... cant find it/him now but have bought a couple and they have served me well.

Would do it again if I were in need

Hey everyone, my desmogged '87 FJ60 developed a leak in the Holley carb, appears to be coming from the accelerator pump and/or below the float bowl area.

I was thinking these are my options;

1. having someone rebuild the whole thing but I live in Hawai'i and I haven't been able to find anyone who can rebuild it yet. I also want to avoid heavy shipping costs +core fees, for someone on the continent to rebuild it.

2. I just order new gaskets and new accelerator pump and replace myself, I've only opened motorcycle carbs and have no experience with Holley.

3. Or, order this carb from City Racer (Aftermarket 2F / 1.5F Carburetor for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ60 - Made in Japan - https://www.cityracerllc.com/collections/land-cruiser-60-series/products/aftermarket-2f-carburetor-for-land-cruiser-fj40-fj60-made-in-japan)

I have been googling/MUDding carburetor feeds for a few days and everyone seems to want the original carb and I figured the City Racer is very close.

Thoughts?

View attachment 2568244
IMHO Option #2, dead simple job. $30 - $40 and you're back on the road.
SimS

Do you still have the original accelerator rods for the OE carb? You'll need them with the City Racer and they're kinda spendy to find used. City Racer is a very good carb and made specifically for the 2F FJ60.

Holly carb is very simple and if you're happy with it not much involved to rebuild if it's just bad gaskets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom