Build Rebuild of Trusty

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does your container have the side door(s) option too? I’ve been looking at these with more than just passing curiosity. 😉

I like the parallel set up with a roof (kit or stick built) for cold storage items: Tractor, mower buggy etc etc.
No, we were limited to only sizes in stock, but side doors were an option.
 
Took the trailer in to town to replace the tires, then the Wife called and my go to Southerlands to pick the shelves she bought for the sea van. Waited for them to make room to get the forklift to maneuver and get the shelves down. 3 of us loaded them into the truck, got the shelves secure in the truck and went to get the lift that was delivered to the shop I throw work at.

The lift was all his skid steer wanted and was light in the back. I don't think my John Deer has the capacity to lift the skid off of the trailer.
The Wife called a contractor has been doing work on the house all summer to see if he would be interested in installing and if he had done a lift install. Of course he said yes to both and he has a bigger forklift that has way more capacity. When I headed home I switched the truck tune to tow and it defiantly knew the weight was there coming up the hill.

1790195149736.webp
 
The 40" sea van was delivered today and set where the Wife wanted it. And once it was set the driver lift I opened the doors and backed up the truck and started building the shelve and only got 2 assembled. The first one was like building an erector set made out of cant spelled, that long thin pasta when limp. Once the first one was done I then used small C-clamps to use the first as a scaffold to support the second one as I assembled it and that worked much better. I had to quit because it is about 85 outside and hotter in the back of the sea van and quit and will work on them in the morning when cool.

The Wife was happy the color matches the color of the barn

1790377687761.webp


The lift is still on the trailer
1790377766386.webp


The first one is assembled

1790377820781.webp


My solution for assembling the next one
1790377862356.webp


First two done for today
1790377903078.webp

Will see how long it takes to fill
 
I spent the day assembling the wet noodle erector set and got all 12 shelves done. Now time cleaning out the barn to make room for the lift.

1790461970703.webp
 
I am starting to fill the sea van and I have somethings that if no one wants will be thrown away.
  1. Water pump with clutch
  2. Thermostat housing
  3. fuel tank
  4. fuel tank cover
  5. at least 4 stock rims
  6. heater
  7. ducts
Maybe other things as I dig them out making room.
 
That is ok. I already modified the defroster ducts for the new heater anyway.
 
Sorry, I meant to ask for defrost ducts. Didn't mean to waste your time.
Just saw these on cruiser corps. They're aftermarket so dunno if you are going w factory restoration but Im sure they would do the trick:
 
Just saw these on cruiser corps. They're aftermarket so dunno if you are going w factory restoration but Im sure they would do the trick:
Mine came with those and did not want to give them up with the climate I live in. The heater and defroster worked much better then in the 1st gen Bronco.
 
I am starting to fill the sea van and I have somethings that if no one wants will be thrown away.
  1. Water pump with clutch
  2. Thermostat housing
  3. fuel tank
  4. fuel tank cover
  5. at least 4 stock rims
  6. heater
  7. ducts
Maybe other things as I dig them out making room.
Made several trips to the dump transfer station today, trying to make room in the barn.
 
I made another trip to the transfer station and unloaded.
I rolled it out to the center to install the doors and lift with the floor jack to get the skates out from under the wheels. I chased the threads for the door hinges and used an alignment pin to get the bolts to line up and install.

First door on and the old steering wheel
1790902437552.webp


Tapping threads
1790902531481.webp


PS door on and rolled up the window. The window is still so will have to check that out. Sitting on the tires.
1790902591392.webp


The winch quite while rolling it out and had to switch to manual pulling and using chocks to control the roll on the slope, the last winch quit doing the same thing.

1790902863373.webp


1790902912630.webp


Once gravity took over I moved the truck out of the way and walked it out using the chocks and the steering wheel. So I had to keep pushing uphill to move the chocks again.

Got good enough and put the transmission in low and the TC in gear and chocked.

1790903071568.webp


1790903094123.webp


1790903116748.webp


Rechecked that the TC was in gear and locked the hubs.
 
Those wheels and tires look 🔥
 
I pulled out the original drive shafts and will haul them off unless someone wants them.
 
I found someone to take the drive shafts.
 
Back
Top Bottom