Rear tray for my rusty '86 pickup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More progress today.

20221104_173609.jpg

20221104_173627.jpg

Oh, man…I thought your previous post about a Rivian was a joke…talk about opposite trucks!

Maybe keep us posted, in this thread, about your honest opinion on the Rivian as time goes on?

I drove it from Brooklyn to north orange county where I live. Bout 85 miles total. I have not very much experience with it but there is one thing that surprised me, disappointed me rather. In the pot holes of NYC it felt like a Ford of the mid 2000's. Like almost loose. I am not sure how to explain it, but you know a brand new Toyota truck, feels tight and taught. The rivian felt almost loose. I will report in a while. It is however...quite extraordinary. I did not use the brakes the whole way home. Regen brake on high feels like braking! Also, it's a monster. 835 horsepower and over 900 torques from 0 rpm is holy s***!!

So I am going to pollute my thread just this one other time with a quick vid I uploaded on YouTube, on the Rivian.
On another note, I did cut out my old cab and pulled the tranny hump, so that I can modify it and make it work in my new cab.
Pics to follow.
Vid below.

I'll be damned, so little time to work on the damn truck. Good news is she's whole! She also started right up. Bad news is I forgot to install a bolt in the oil pump, and she's leaking. Talking 'biut top left bolt that takes the sealant. Pffftttt. What a pita, must take fan, belts and possibly the harmonic pulled to get that sucker in. Oh well...

20221221_074322.jpg

20221222_110417.jpg

Turns out the fix was a 30 min job. Pulled the belts and took off the harmonic. Got the bolt in and she's good to go.

Came here just to see your homemade bed tray and what a great build thread! I gotta say I liked the blue better. It's all super clean though. I'm impressed

Hey, thanks for chiming in. I can supply the drawings for the tray if you want them.

Got the heater and coolant lines plumbed, also the dash is in. Making progress.

Finally modded the shifter hole, got the truck moving under its own power, connected the emergency brake cable, bled brakes, lspv is bad, got one coming. Has coolant in it, needs burping. Need a coolant temp sender, need a fuel level sender as well.
Making progress.

20230122_131624.jpg

20230122_131545.jpg

got the system burped, the power steering filled. I have a pin hole somewhere in the cooling system because every time the t-stat opens, I get a bunch of steam from somewhere. Gotta figure that out. Now onto to the interior.

Installed some in the doors as well. This thing should be quieter now. Couldn't have a phone conversation before, lol.

I have made a bit of progress, got the vinyl floor in. What a ****ing pain in the ass. Turned out like s*** but whatever. I also got one door panel on and the new fuel sender. Not much time to work on it this past week.

Only got one pic. Lol.

20230209_163514.jpg

Getting there, got the inside almost complete. Under the hood is good enough to drive it. Gotta tidy up some wiring. Drove it and that Webber makes some pleasant noise! Reminds me of the small engined euro cars of the 80's. Weird. Will post video once I get the brakes bled. They need to be bled properly as I have replaced the LSPV and they hold only after pumping them a bit. I am also thinking to do some more sound deadening on the firewall to attenuate the noise some more. Still loud as hell, hahaha.
thumbnail_20230210_125607.jpg
thumbnail_20230210_125650.jpg

I am also working on modifying the factory air box (lengthening the pegs that hold it to the motor, as I bought the adapter to run it in place of the filter that comes with the Webber carb). I assume that running the factory air box will attenuate the noise some as well. I want this to be as quite as it can be. I know it may be a long shot but I am trying.

And almost done. I scrubbed and treated the bed on the bottom. Bolted it down. Replaced the fuel lines, one brake line and I have to put on the tails and she's done. Did a pretty good drive today. Runs a charm!

20230215_165626.jpg

20230215_165636.jpg

20230215_165645.jpg

20230215_165701.jpg

20230215_165727.jpg

Installed studs for the lights. And studs for the fenders. Still gotta fab some brackets too strengthen the ffenders. Patched up the tail light housings as well.

20230216_134040.jpg

20230216_134122.jpg

20230216_171151.jpg

20230216_171158.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom