Rear sway bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to see some pics and any info on custom or ? rear sway bar set ups. Spring over,etc. I havent found what Im looking for so I thought Id ask you all ! Thanx!:)

Come on no one with sway bar pics. Im sure I could wing it Id just like to see some. Maybe some feed back? PLEASE

Come on no one with sway bar pics.

Why would you think that is?

In the almost 20 years that I have been around these vehicles, I have not seen a SWAY BAR used in a FJ-40 series rear suspension...Spring over or under....

Could you possibly be talking about a anti-spring wrap bar?

Last edited:
Hey Steve, your original reply used the phrase "40-series" and that's what I was addressing in my reply. I see you went you went and edited your post to say "FJ-40" instead.:flipoff2:

Yep, as noted in the edit line below the post....

Sorry :princess: that you took my use of "40 series" in the 40 section to mean ALL 40 SERIES. ;)

I will do my best to be more accurate from now on.

Last edited:
Yep, as noted in the edit line below the post....

Sorry :princess: that you took my use of "40 series" in the 40 section to mean ALL 40 SERIES. ;)

I will do my best to be more accurate from now on.

I appreciate your willingness to be more accurate - no apology necessary. Yes, I took your use of "40-series" in the un-edited post to mean all 40 series. That would seem appropriate enough, given the sub-heading under the title for for this section of 'Mud:

"Questions and discussion for the 25 - 40 - 45 - 55/56 - and related-series Cruisers" (emphasis mine).

;p

No not an anti wrap bar. I would like a anti sway bar I already have the wrap bar . I just like to drive faster all jacked up and would like the rear a lil tighter for the curves around my stomping ground of course with a disconnect. Ive seen them just not up close or lately. Thanx Hj 47 thats close but Id really like to see a spring over flipped and traction bar set up. Anyone got one?

A 40 driving fast....haha...must have a V8 in that bad boy..either that or you're going down hill.

Get to fabbin'......

I had an FJ40 from Germany that had front and rear sway bars, appeared factory. May have been added due to some strange German highway law or something. It was a 74, sold it to a guy I think from Kansas City, he drove it home. Front bar went up and over the frame in front of the bib. Strange animal it was...sorry no pix, so if you're out there, it's painted 86 FJ60 dark beige metallic....

I got the spring over, I got the traction bar. The anti-sway bar is pretty stock, just longer...

No not an anti wrap bar. I would like a anti sway bar I already have the wrap bar . I just like to drive faster all jacked up and would like the rear a lil tighter for the curves around my stomping ground of course with a disconnect. Ive seen them just not up close or lately. Thanx Hj 47 thats close but Id really like to see a spring over flipped and traction bar set up. Anyone got one?
rearaxlepainted.jpg
rearaxlepurdydup.jpg
tractionbar1.jpg

Thanks thats perfect:cheers: Thats pretty much what iI pictured but seeing it is worth so much more .

BY the way Pighead nice clean workmanship! Looks good

you may also think about switching up your shocks, I switched from soft shocks to rancho 9000's and they helped alot on corners. The older softer shocks would compress more around corners than the 9000's, the 9000's act as somewhat of a sway bar as they are stiffer.

Yeah I have older Ranchos & its prob about time for new ones anyways thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom