Rear quarter panel space use (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I talked with him this morning and he might be able to help me out.

isn't it a thread or post buy trail taylor?

I think WagonGear makes them for an 80but they are about $750!

Behind the passengers rear quarter panel is a huge unused void. In the past I have seen it used for water storage and sub woofers. What other creative uses has others come up with?

If anyone has pictures of a Flexitank installed in the void I would like some feedback and pictures.

I cant find any pics from the installation or closeup shots but you can see the flexitank installed in the pic below.

I don't use it for drinking but I'm sure I could. I would think a vinegar or baking soda flush on occasion would keep it clean, but I could be wrong.

I've been keeping it clean inside in case I wanted to use it for drinking in the future by adding a little shot of rubbing alcohol to the water. The idea came from the history of beer and how it was often safer than local water due to the small alcohol content of 1 to 3% keeping bacteria and mold from growing. So that's what I'm doing with the addition of IPA. About an ounce or less to 5 gallons. And it does an amazing job of cleaning bait off your hands, eliminating the smell nearly 100%.

The only downside has been that you cant fill it nearly all the way without having it bulge out the panel, popping a few clips. I decided to live with it rather than carry an additional 5 Gal can. Oh yeah I couldn't get all the mounting holes to line up either. To fix the problem I used one stainless steel zip tie.

I got it on sale for $150.

DSC_0035.jpg

Last edited:
They are steel and I have his set in my 60.

He mentioned working on them way back but nothing was ever released for the 80 sides. The wing windows are $750/side.
I stand corrected. Thanks! :doh:

Sweet! Anxious to see what you come up with. Are you thinking 6 weeks or 6 months? Just trying to get an idea.

I have a few orders to knock out for 60 and 70 customers and then the 80 is coming back into the shop. Bumpers and sliders are first priority and then panels. I hope within 6-8 weeks. All depends on how the armor transitions.

J

My Wits End quarter panel mount is as advertised. I pre-ordered and it was delivered.

yup the only downside is the long wait as its done in batches. when it does arrive. legit no issues
so if you want to order, dont expect it in a couple weeks or even months. just accept it will arrive at some point and when it does you will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom