Rear Bumper Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went ahead and ordered the bumper. Fingers crossed it arrives by September. I'll keep up with this thread once it arrives. Worried about the exhaust situation. I just had it redone a month ago and I am hoping it's not too much of a problem when installing the bumper. Either way.. it will be much more stable than what I'm running currently, so worth whatever I need to alter.

20210506_112959.jpg

Been meaning to post my choice, but I've been really really busy. I choose AVID and could not be happier. Being its just me I used my trailer to assist with the install and it worked like a charm! The guys at AVID were super to work with and I enjoyed the overall experience. The only down side to this bumper design is the tire carrier. The top part of the carrier is very close to the body of the FZJ. It will actually will make contact leaving a mark. I used some rubber pieces to cover and its been fine.

Thanks for all the posts!

avid1.png

avid2.png

avid3.png

Been meaning to post my choice, but I've been really really busy. I choose AVID and could not be happier. Being its just me I used my trailer to assist with the install and it worked like a charm! The guys at AVID were super to work with and I enjoyed the overall experience. The only down side to this bumper design is the tire carrier. The top part of the carrier is very close to the body of the FZJ. It will actually will make contact leaving a mark. I used some rubber pieces to cover and its been fine.

Thanks for all the posts!

View attachment 2702745

View attachment 2702746

View attachment 2702747
What was yoir lead time? Looks awesome. I contacted a couple other producers of rear bumpers and it seems materials are not easy to source. I need to reach out to Avid and see if that's the case with them as well...I have a sneaking suspension it is.

I ordered mine in late Aug-2020 and got it by mid Nov-2020. There was a slight delay due to a bearing (avid told me about this prior to my order) but other then that everything went smoothly. I did pick mine up vs. having it shipped.

Last edited:
I ordered mine in late Aug-2020 and got it by mid Nov-2020. There was a slight delay due to a bearing (avid told me about this prior to my order) but other then that everything went smoothly. I did pick mine up vs. having it shipped.

That is assuring. How did you handle the exhaust? I just had my exhaust updated and hate to have to cut/bend the end of it. Any chance of cutting a hole in the bumper?

That is assuring. How did you handle the exhaust? I just had my exhaust updated and hate to have to cut/bend the end of it. Any chance of cutting a hole in the bumper?
I followed the instructions and cut mine off at an angle just behind the right rear tire. I'll see if I can get under there soon and post up some photos.

Here are the rest of the photos I intended to post back in Nov-2020. Part 1

IMG_20201126_095459180_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201126_101629038_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201126_101742947.jpg

IMG_20201126_101926166_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201126_101936641_HDR.jpg

Here are the rest of the photos I intended to post back in Nov-2020. Part2

IMG_20201126_101940636.jpg

IMG_20201126_101945196_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201126_101951956_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201126_102001833_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201126_102011822_HDR.jpg

Here are the rest of the photos I intended to post back in Nov-2020. Part4

IMG_20201128_131243308.jpg

IMG_20201128_131249715.jpg

IMG_20201128_131255481.jpg

IMG_20201128_131259191.jpg

IMG_20201128_131303613_HDR.jpg

I ordered mine in person on February 19th (I'm local in Phoenix), still haven't heard anything.
@Jackal301 Any update on your order? Since you are local-have you dropped by the shop to ask? I'm getting no email replies from Brandon and every time I called Tanner, he would take my messages. Ordered in end of Feb.

Hey all,

I recently got some feedback from Brandon regarding my order but its probably good info for everyone. See below.

"We normally estimate about 8-10 weeks on the 80 rear bumpers. With everything going on right now we are estimating 10-12 but it’s honestly tough to know for sure. We’ve been having issues with steel availability and bumper parts we get from other vendors.
We can send you the parts as a kit if you want to have someone there locally assemble it. However, we didn’t design it to be a kit. We designed it to be assembled in the fixture we have in our shop. But if your guy is a fabricator and assembles it partly on the truck, he should be fine getting it done. Let me know if that’s the route you want to go. Otherwise, we’ll get it done and to you as quick as we can."

The response came quickly after I reached out. So I'm not sure why locals are having issues with contact. It doesn't put a bumper on anyone's 80, but I hope this helps in some way.

Ben

[/QUOTE]
Hey all,

I recently got some feedback from Brandon regarding my order but its probably good info for everyone. See below.

"We normally estimate about 8-10 weeks on the 80 rear bumpers. With everything going on right now we are estimating 10-12 but it’s honestly tough to know for sure. We’ve been having issues with steel availability and bumper parts we get from other vendors.
We can send you the parts as a kit if you want to have someone there locally assemble it. However, we didn’t design it to be a kit. We designed it to be assembled in the fixture we have in our shop. But if your guy is a fabricator and assembles it partly on the truck, he should be fine getting it done. Let me know if that’s the route you want to go. Otherwise, we’ll get it done and to you as quick as we can."

The response came quickly after I reached out. So I'm not sure why locals are having issues with contact. It doesn't put a bumper on anyone's 80, but I hope this helps in some way.

Ben
Thanks that was helpful

@Jackal301 Any update on your order? Since you are local-have you dropped by the shop to ask? I'm getting no email replies from Brandon and every time I called Tanner, he would take my messages. Ordered in end of Feb.
Nope. I've tried emailing Brandon twice, get nothing back. I have texted Tanner multiple times, he tells me to email Brandon because they are working in separate shops right now because they are moving shops. I think this is also part of the reason for the delays. I'd just appreciate some communication, I don't care if it's late. Just wanna hear from the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom