Real time help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very interesting to watch this thread play out.

Now im just reading this from the start of this thread.
I'm assuming the Brown 60 is in need of the tranny , but Mr cliff hasn't included in his signature the model year or the engine it is to bolt up to ..

Plus whats the H55f not doing or doing?

There were a few question posts last week on installing a H55 into a FJ60 , and with that , i read many other folks who replied with what to watch out for..

How is it that most replying here with great help ,know what style of H55 is required for Cliffs problem.

I'm stumped , Or i'm not reading deep enough..

VT

Well im glad all are working, Looks good so far

Last edited:
Is Tornado Alley Cruiser supervising?

Yes - and he's doing a damn fine job! :) They know what they're doing so he doesn't have to do the heavy lifting.

i'm the guy on the left with the white hat on.. we're to beer now.
h55 is in front of toybox.. cut teeth off input gear so it went in 4th gear which is 1:1 direct thru.. we have an h55 avail tomorrow at dealer. cut shaft off instal and go. i get parts leftover to look at. :)

This rig is powered by a Isuzu diesel out of a NPR box truck, powered by veggie oil....
DSC07480.jpg
DSC07482.jpg
DSC07485.jpg

Hell of a determination and spirit to pull of the swap and keep on motoring on out there!!!! Wish I could have made the trip with you guys...

You guys will have some stories to tell.

steve all ways manages to put NFCH on the map.

either by blowing stuff up @ GSMTR.
or by loosing his tranny on a cross country trip.

that is Steve (FLCRUISER) in the background
DSCN0138.jpg

Last edited:
tech-

did this happen b/c the 5th gear oiler is now separated, from the h55, by the toybox?

I was wondering the same thing...

Or that its because Steve is carrying even more crap than he normally has:p

But the gear that is dead isn't the gear affected by the oiler is it? One of the other pics shows it on the input gear not the OD on the back of the case. The wagon looks like it has a bit more stuff than normal, still runs very heavy though. (thankfully as more than one of us has been helped by the parts making up that extra weight). Maybe some high octane fry oil and some extra boost?

I had a few beers with them this afternoon at Erik & Jens. Helluva group of guys. I had read about Steve's Isuzu powered rig and it was nice to see it first hand. Helped to get me inspired to get started on my Isuzu swap. I'm considering accepting their invite to join them on their journey to Moab, if I could only get out of work for a couple of weeks! :crybaby:
Best of luck to you guys! Peace. Eric

Just woke the boys up.. Dealer is getting tranny.. Called in HUGE favors on that one.. They're gonna have to deliver lunch to the parts crew at the dealer so I can keep them in our good graces..
HOPE to have the h55 in their hands noonish.. they might be gone by the time i get home from work.. i'm sure we'll get updated pics on this thread soon.

input gear shed some teeth.. not sure why at this point.. H55 toybox oiler provision is built in and not the problem. it would run in 4th as that was direct thru and not needing the teeth on the shaft that drops the ratio down but would run 1 to 1 straight thru.. I have about 3-4 teeth from the input sitting on the bench.. i'll pull this thing down later and see what happened. at this point it's best to just get the crew on their vacation.

Funny they were pretty darn nervous pulling up at first but got settled in later.. few beers later :)

Nice going Erik! And great weather for the driveway repair!

Cheers!

Wish I could get out there to see the Izusu installed. As my hatred for spark plugs grows, this sounds like the best conversion.

Awesome to see Cruiserheads pull together!!!

No one has been more excited for this trip besides Steve... I am sure he is very thankful for all the help... Hell I am too and I am not even there.

Thanks again!

Nice going Erik! And great weather for the driveway repair!

Cheers!

Wish I could get out there to see the Izusu installed. As my hatred for spark plugs grows, this sounds like the best conversion.

You may just have to come by Florida way and go on a run for the weekend. Most of them are North central Florida and close to the interstate.

Knowing Steve it wouldn't be a stretch to be on the road by 2 if they get the tranny by noon.

Safe travels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom