Real time help: 2F brake booster fitting thread size on intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
I’m fixing a broken intake for a friend.

The tee on the intake that the brake booster hose fits on is stripped and causing a massive vacuum leak.

I would like to have the Port welded up, retapped and put the fitting back in properly or have the fitting sealed up and permanently welded up.

Does anyone know what size the threads are on this?

This is the item in question. I’m not sure if it’s is bspt or metric or what.

@OSS @orangefj45

0FDF4E0F-D63C-451D-9EE4-48771AFD5A0C.jpeg

@HemiAlex what’a the story on that smaller port coming off of there? The tomato truck (83) does NOT have that but Matilda does (82). Fwiw the tomato truck is a factory NON-AC vehicle - the firewall is not knocked out for the piping.

Also, there’s a plug on the intake directly below that port, on the side of the intake facing the side of the engine bay. It’s on every manifold I’ve seen and is always unused. Maybe stick that thing in there?

I wonder if that’s for some kind of non-US stuff.

That’s the ac idle up port. Goes directly to the solenoid on the DS fender and then over ti the carb linkage

A very nice local machine shop fixed it!

6C901D5F-8D1E-4597-8FE5-7C7C8C43F4B0.jpeg

Yes it’s tapered BSPT.
I thought it was tapered JIS.. it’s nearly identical to the British standard and they are basically interchangeable but the British Standard Thread Pitch will leave small gaps in the threading leading to leaks and possible stripping if you’re not right on the money. I could be wrong, but I recall @ToyotaMatt talking about it in one of his videos in regards to the coolant ports that tap into the head. I would imagine the vac ports on the manifold would be the same JIS threading.

It may be JIS but BSP thread is so similar that it will seal tight. NPT won’t.
Since JIS anything (except screwdrivers) is virtually unobtainium in the USA but BSP threaded stuff can be purchased lots of places including McMaster Carr and (from my experience) doesn’t leak in Toyota fittings, BSP threads are a good match.

While BSP and JIS are not technically interchangeable by the letter of the law, if it doesn’t leak, it doesn’t leak and that’s all that matters for this thing.

It’s on, and I’ll try and start it tomorrow.

I’ve been helping a 17 year old through a lot of problems in his 60. It’s been a roller coaster to see what sellers are putting off on people.

Lots of small fixes to undo an improper desmog.

It’s on, and I’ll try and start it tomorrow.

I’ve been helping a 17 year old through a lot of problems in his 60. It’s been a roller coaster to see what sellers are putting off on people.

Lots of small fixes to undo an improper desmog.

Pm me Alex

Yours for the taking ….

840686E3-CFF1-4E22-B972-4728281A389F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom