RBx 88 4Runner D4D repower (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

snip...
why are you keeping it? If you don’t need it for brakes why doing you just remove it and blank the hole? ...

Thanks, the vacuum pump is still needed for the Swirl Control Valve or I'd ditch the pump as you suggested.

:rofl: here's someone who hasn't had to adjust the e-brake on a landcruiser. Get em working, then first trip off-road, the ebrake becomes allergic to dust or something and stop being useful
Great!?!?....well thanks for the heads-up, I'll look into an alternate e-brake.

Motor mounts are now tacked, I discovered that the 1KD factory mounts are a different angle then the frame side mounts on the 88. So, out came the grinder to clearance the mount to give us proper angle so the motor mounts are now in their neutral position, before you could tell they were tweaked to one side. Once I mount the transmission to see where i need to fab up a new trans mount I'll burn the motor mounts in completely, but after taking a bunch of measurements I'm pretty confident the mounts are in the correct spot.
Prado oil pan, well this pan may actually be worse as far as clearance to the front 3rd. The bottom sump comes out on the passenger side so far that the upper 3rd- link on the top of the diff that the oil pan fouls, so another hurdle i thought I had cleared.....

In the meantime, lets start labeling the wire harness, spent a bit making labels and cheat sheets.
qZertuv.jpg

Just finished the oil pan. And starting some sheet metal repair. I’m still waiting on a transmission to transfer case adapter to put the engine in one last time before I commit to cleaning and painting the engine at and suspension. I need to get some pics up.

Just finished the oil pan. And starting some sheet metal repair. I’m still waiting on a transmission to transfer case adapter to put the engine in one last time before I commit to cleaning and painting the engine at and suspension. I need to get some pics up.
Good to know it's still going! I'm hopefully going to be doing my own build soon, 2nd gen 4runner with a 1uz vvti. Already have the uz, by this time next week should have or at least be close to having the 4runner

Update…

2006 R151F to RF1A gear driven transfer case

Finally a working prototype of an adapter that hasn’t been available for 2yrs, but good luck getting information on tailhousing compatibility with our USD transmissions. More to come…
qCqNMWs.jpg
ClJnscq.jpg

7ReGhf7.jpg
uh27NCy.jpg

Update…

2006 R151F to RF1A gear driven transfer case

Finally a working prototype of an adapter that hasn’t been available for 2yrs, but good luck getting information on tailhousing compatibility with our USD transmissions. More to come…
qCqNMWs.jpg
ClJnscq.jpg

7ReGhf7.jpg
uh27NCy.jpg

Thanks for the update! Nice to see things coming along. This is still one of my dream swaps for my LJ78.

Anyone have a forward (lo-hi side) shift rail they’d like to sell me? I have a top Mount shifter for my triple sticks, but I think I want to move it to the forward shift position for better packaging in the truck.

So working on the dump pipe for the 3” exhaust and I’m trying to find a stainless steel flange that would mate to the turbo on the exhaust/dump side. Anyone have a source? I can find gaskets all day, but no SS flange.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom