Razorback Ramble! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric, don't trust mapquest on that one. Your gonna get your ass kicked on the hills about 97% of that trip. I would take HWY 80 to I20 to HWY 65 in La. then work my way north to Superlift. You'll get about 11 mpg's this way as compared to the 4 through Memphis. You will need to be creative on a place to sleep though.

Only problem is that I'm meeting Heckler in Memphis... dang, but wasting a tank of gas will cost me $75. I'll peep the map!

So would we be going through Jackson? Or getting off I20 before Jackson? How do ya'll go from there?

Edit: GPS'd it. It takes me through jackson, also adds 60 miles to the trip. So it's flatter? I'll be discussing with my co-pilot.
But I'm guessing those back roads on 65 will not give me T-Mobile internet signal... dang modern technology!

Last edited:
Its flat as a pancake for 80% of your trip as oposed to hilly as sheet for 97%. The extra 60 is a no brainer to me.

Well Dang it!
Team Tolleson ain't gonna be able to make this fine event.

:frown::crybaby::frown::crybaby::mad::frown::crybaby:

Chris

You have some nerve!!! After giving me so much grief when I talked about not going, i would have expected you there come hell or high water. You will be missed.

You have some nerve!!! After giving me so much grief when I talked about not going, i would have expected you there come hell or high water. You will be missed.

Killa, believe me, I will be a mean boss man :mad: Friday when I am working and think about my POL boys off trail ridin w/o me.
Makes me sad.:frown:

Just make sure to pack some extra lunch for Bodean or he will be forced to eat old MRE's without the use of his MRE heaters. He done ran out of those, found a new use for them.:D

Yall have a good time, drink a couple for me and crack one of them heaters off(just alittle earlier this time) Keep Bodean out of that vodka!!!

Looks like we aren't gonna make it. Hope everyone has a great time. I'll be here working on my brakes, driveshaft, ebrake etc....etc....etc......

It's with a heavy heart that I am bowing out as well. My rear main seal has just started leaking form just sitting. It used to have to have been running and hot. I discovered this new development this afternoon aqnd can't justify potentally ruining it. 8 hours one way is just too far to push it:frown:
Have fun.
Dang it, my new bumper is finished too and I wanted to show it off...

Looks like we aren't gonna make it. Hope everyone has a great time. I'll be here working on my brakes, driveshaft, ebrake etc....etc....etc......

The river... the gift that keeps on giving! :grinpimp:

\
Remind Grogan to take pics of your rig for me.

Will do, Garth. Hopefully you will see her again in person one day.

Back from the Ramble

Well, we are back from the Ramble. We had a great time and the weather was good except for Sat. afternoon (rain). Tony, Nolen and I ran a bunch of trails and saw a good portion of the park. Brakes are very important at this park due to the numerous srtaight up climbs and decents. I think half of my seat is gone now! Nolen and Tony took a lot of pics and will post soon. CLC has got to make a good showing next year.

Later,

Well, we are back from the Ramble. We had a great time and the weather was good except for Sat. afternoon (rain). Tony, Nolen and I ran a bunch of trails and saw a good portion of the park. Brakes are very important at this park due to the numerous srtaight up climbs and decents. I think half of my seat is gone now! Nolen and Tony took a lot of pics and will post soon. CLC has got to make a good showing next year.

Later,

Truly sorry I missed it. But I'm glad I didn't go. I ran into complications fairly soon on my brake job and was unable to solve my driveshaft issue. On my way to Jackson Powertrain next week. Hopefully next year. I may drop by the park later in the summer.

Anybody get some pics of a burgandy 07 Jeep going up Gorge on Friday? There was a group of guys parked up the hill, and several got out cameras and/or camcorders when I started up. I tried the line I usually take, it was slicker than usual, I ended up backing down and taking the bypass, and darn near got stuck in a hole there. The group ended up leaving before I finally got out of the hole, so I never got a chance to find out who they were. Thanks!

I had a blast. Wheeling with Jeff and Tony was great. Throw in the rest of the crowd and the weekend was near perfect.

Thanks guys....
640.jpg
IMG_3022.JPG
IMG_3025.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom