Rausch creek raises fees (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw this on the book of faces today. Figured I’d share on here for those that are social media impaired.

24544473-04C0-4652-8D7B-FBB208CAEEC7.png

What is the current daily rate for members, $35? I forget.

It looks like the best "deal" is the frequent driver pass. Five visits for the price of four. I couldn't imagine purchasing the season pass and having it be worthwhile. You'd have to go ten times before it starts to pay off...

I've been buying the five packs for years. Having one date left on my punch card close to the time it becomes useless is great inspiration for going wheeling.

I remember when Paragon was the only game in town it cost either $30 or $35 a day way back when. Think it closed around 2007. For a few years Rausch Creek was open concurrently with Paragon. The last year Paragon was open the coal mine event was there and the pig run was at Rausch Creek.

Now we are indeed fortunate to have both Rausch Creek and Anthracite at our disposal. Even though I have almost unlimited wheeling opportunities right out of my back yard I feel fortunate to be as close as we are to two of the few commercial wheeling ventures on the east coast. Other than Gretchens in New Hampshire where the fall gathering is held (7 hour drive for me) or GSMTR (12 hour drive) I know of no other venues. I probably missed something but considering how few wheeling parks are out there we're damn lucky to be located where we are.

I wheel my truck at least five times a year at Rausch if for no other reason that to use all the opportunities on my 5 for 4 pass. No I don't like that the price has risen but it's not gonna stop me from attending coal mine or any of our club events that happen at Rausch. Likewise at Anthracite- whatever they charge I'll pay and be glad that they're there when we want to use their facilities.

Last edited:
I have heard this only has a small section of rocks more of a motorbike spot.

I heard the same thing but I have no first hand knowledge of it. A few of my ATV friends went down there one day but i never got a report from them on it.

And in my original message I forgot to mention Gore in Virginia. It's near Winchester and only about a three hour ride from here. I've never been there but most of the regulars from the VA/MD group have been. I've heard conflicting reports- great trails, but noisy at times and with what a few people mentioned as floating (fluctuating) pricing.

Chris has been there, he lives close to it. Maybe he can add any first hand comments on Gore.

Gore is a great place to wheel. But it is like a private off road park. They charge what they want when they want.
I need to get up there and talk to them about getting a group ride together. I don't think they have insurance for big groups.

Gores prices range from $50 to $75 depending on who takes your money.

For the record I’m not complaining about the fees, $50 a day to wheel legally and have well marked trails is still reasonable.

I just hope it doesn’t go the way of tower city, which i believe is owned/maintained by the same group. They require a yearly membership of $350, but that park is dirt bike/quads only.

I agree $50 is not a bad price to wheel.
I would think a wheel drive park would have cheaper insurance than a Quad/ motorbike park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom