Ratcheting sound when I accelerate... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

any automotive place......its the can that says sea foam on it ;)

The s*** works really well. I stuck it in my fuel tank and in my oil and it seems to run better. Might be mental, but I think it is legit.

:beer:

Lowtide - you know your kinda evil? hehehe - don't even warn them...

seafoam will smoke like a mo-fo. you will definately know if you have ANY exhaust leaks right away. It's great stuff - i've used it several times and it really seems to loosen up the buildup of crud inside the engine. The bigest diff i noticed was just a bit quicker rev w/ a bit more power. But this was on a TIRED 2f. Also, i've heard that knocking loose the carbon deposits can be hard on your plugs, so maybe do it BEFORE a tune up, or change plugs after.

hth

rob

i so sorry :) all of it is true. i never noticed any change in proformace...just used it to find leaks in exhaust.

So, pour or spray the stuff in your brake booster vac line and smoke will pour out of any exhaust holes?

yulp....just put it in a cup and put the hose in the cup. you'll be suprised how fast it sucks it up.......and yulp i found a few leaks around the carb and near the end of my exhaust.......

Thanks lowtide... I have been looking for something like this for days on end!!

Cheers!

No kidding. I have that same ticking sound goin on when I accellerate. I hope when I fix the exhaust leak, that will also take care of my pop, pop problem on decelleration. I think my spelling sucks for some reason tonight.

dtrain said:
Thanks lowtide... I have been looking for something like this for days on end!!

Cheers!

no problem brotha.... :beer:

BoozerCruiser: Can it be a broke engine mount? Just an idea! When you accelerate the engine may move and the fan may touch.

Let us know what you find.

My speedometer/odometer cable clicks and makes a ratchiting sound while it is spinning. The faster I go the closer the clicks are and then eventually is such a fast ticking you can't hear it anymore. This does sound like a ratcheting mechanism, but very faint in volume? just a thought.

try taking it off and putting a thin layer of grease on it, then cranking it back down.....made my speedo a hell of a lot better.

could be your knuckles. Does it make more of a sound when you are going around a corner in a certain direction left or right? if so, one of your joints are bad

lowtideride said:
yulp....just put it in a cup and put the hose in the cup. you'll be suprised how fast it sucks it up.......and yulp i found a few leaks around the carb and near the end of my exhaust.......

I just took a road trip to Florida and Back, and while there where I was staying I stopped at Auto Zone and bought a few things, including Sea Foam, which I had added to gas and the crankcase. The nice Southern Fella' behind the counter told me to do the brake line trick, and, just to be nice, he came out and did it for me. Rev the engine up and bit, cause it'll start to sputter, but dang, it makes a LOAD of smoke, so you'll for sure see where leaks are....

If only they made Sea Foam for humans, you could sneak it in someone's drink, and see a nice smoke billow every time they farted....great joke!

wheezy said:
I just took a road trip to Florida and Back, and while there where I was staying I stopped at Auto Zone and bought a few things, including Sea Foam, which I had added to gas and the crankcase. The nice Southern Fella' behind the counter told me to do the brake line trick, and, just to be nice, he came out and did it for me. Rev the engine up and bit, cause it'll start to sputter, but dang, it makes a LOAD of smoke, so you'll for sure see where leaks are....

If only they made Sea Foam for humans, you could sneak it in someone's drink, and see a nice smoke billow every time they farted....great joke!

should have stopped in and had a few :beer: :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom