Random carb solenoid question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My fricken o-ring ate away somehow even though this is a new solenoid. All I could find from the stores is this thicker version of the same thing.. fits perfectly but is thicker for sure. Is this going to be a problem?

24A6486E-C86A-4DC6-9654-B3F5D253E7C9.jpeg

DC6635C0-AFAA-4BAD-ACEC-BF4A8C929935.jpeg

I have no solenoid o-ring experience. In most other applications replacement o-rings do need to match up.

The idle solenoid is not affecting the evaporation of fuel in the carb.

The O-ring can be purchased from Toyota.
maybe could be matched up at a hardware store (if you already had one).
definitely comes in any 1975-1987 2F carb rebuild kit.

Just buy a kit so you have spare carb parts as needed.

Ya will do ... problem is my car wasnt working right before because of wiring issues so now it just adds another dimension of possibility with source of issue identification.
My thought is that the o-ring in general is just a seal so as long as the area would seal with the different size o-ring there shouldn’t be a problem. The solenoid screws in so it’s gunna push the thing in regardless. I just don’t want to create more problems. I could scour the internet for a thinner o-ring

I doubt it will cause much of an issue. Ethanol in fuels can cause some rubber parts of your carb to fail prematurely.

Ya will do ... problem is my car wasnt working right before because of wiring issues so now it just adds another dimension of possibility with source of issue identification.
My thought is that the o-ring in general is just a seal so as long as the area would seal with the different size o-ring there shouldn’t be a problem. The solenoid screws in so it’s gunna push the thing in regardless. I just don’t want to create more problems. I could scour the internet for a thinner o-ring
Don’t over-think it. If you’re running down electrical/ driveability issues, just install the solenoid with no oring at all. Worst that will happen is that you will have to shut the truck off in gear to prevent dieseling, and there’s no guarantee that will happen.

Then do what @FJ40Jim suggested in the thread that @thebigredrocker linked and buy a spare kit. I always carry one in my glovebox.

My fricken o-ring ate away somehow even though this is a new solenoid. All I could find from the stores is this thicker version of the same thing.. fits perfectly but is thicker for sure. Is this going to be a problem?

View attachment 2704889

View attachment 2704890

THIS Bigger o-ring WILL tear and crush upon insertion

then leak down fuel

do NOT do this

BUY a OEM correct 0-ring , do it right , LUBE with oil or di electric greas the new oem one is a MUST

PART # 21665-44101

Why not do it correctly ?

buy 2 have a spare

and still MADE IN JAPAN Thank GOD !

9E52FF46-D348-4E63-8ACC-48E31224AE6E.jpeg
EDBE84B3-8D08-482F-B5A4-29CC4F8E0813.jpeg
E84EB213-94A7-4192-A0D0-C63732A356AE.jpeg

i do NOT offer o-rings :confused:

But ...........:D

I do offer the ONLY period correct SEALED OEM YAZAKI JAPAN Connector based , 2-wire late Model SOLONOID you will find NEW ...........🤔

Part # 21062-61060-R

1623902492458.png

1623902524993.png

1623902564040.png

genuine parts 3.png

I don’t need a whole née one this one is “brand new” meaning basically unused - just been sitting on cad ran car a couple times with it. I’ll try to find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom