Rain Gutter Fill Material (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a post I can't find now. Guy stripped the inside of his gutters and filled them with a bluish material prior to installing roof rack. Anyone have that link, or anything similar?
Thanks for any help!

It is seam sealer.

SEM makes the closest match in a tan which is the same color Toyota used.

Cheers
That's not what he's talking about. There's someone here that did a liner or something before he installed a Prinsu-type roof rack to offset the pressure issue and to not destroy the seam sealer already on it.

I just don't know what to search for.

Ha, found it in the 60 forum. Thinking to do this before adding roof rack and RTT. Any additional thoughts on this?

There are several types of 2 part urethane materials, some from 3M, come in a double syringe, made for the auto-body repair market - available at my favorite local auto-paint store. - I've never used.
-OR- cover the edge of the metal roof rack support with a rubber U-channel - replacaeble - comes by the foot.

I think I remember @jaymar sayin he had a k9. If so, on the k9 roof rack the feet already have a thick rubber u-channel on the upper and lower clamping portions. What are you hoping to achieve on the gutters prior to installation - protection of paint, structural support?

That's not what he's talking about. There's someone here that did a liner or something before he installed a Prinsu-type roof rack to offset the pressure issue and to not destroy the seam sealer already on it.

I just don't know what to search for.

Ok 👌

Cheers

I think I remember @jaymar sayin he had a k9. If so, on the k9 roof rack the feet already have a thick rubber u-channel on the upper and lower clamping portions. What are you hoping to achieve on the gutters prior to installation - protection of paint, structural support?
Damn that’s a good memory. And you're right; I went and looked. These have been sitting in the garage so long I forgot about the rubber. (PO ran Gamiviti steel-on-steel,; not recommended.) Still, those gutters could use the Full Treatment, and the fill might even add a bit of shock absorption when needed. Plus when I saw it, I thought, Seems like a good idea, why haven't I done that? Probably no fun to undo for the next paint job, though...

40DC5855-4047-4D34-A9DB-FACAEC9D2FC1.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom