Radiator petcock snapped off and fell in. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pulled the radiator earlier. Went to go dump out some of the excess coolant left over it o a bucket. Brushed the petcock on the bucket it snapped in two. I glance at the drain hole and see the remnant drop into the bottom of the radiator. Ugh
I was planning on having the radiator pressures tested and cleaned at the radiator shop later this week. I’d image having the piece or pieces of plastic floating around the tank isn’t good. I’d rather keep this rad if it tested well. Anyone have a similar experience? Worse case scenario is I have the radiator guy open it up.

How small is the remnant piece? Can you see it from the hole. Is it small enough to pull through the hole? Tape 1/4 inch flexible metal line (copper or brake line) to a shop vac and run it down the hole and use suction to grab it a pull it back out. Alternately how about some sticky freshly chewed gum on a metal coat hanger wire?

Last edited:
Nothing good can come from a hard piece of plastic getting sucked into the water pump.

A radiator shop can easily remove the bottom tank to remove the debris. That’s what they do every day. All that’s needed is a propane torch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom