Wanted R151F transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a R151F trans.. I haven't found any here in the US. Any idea about cross-over parts for a Diesel J70? Thanks!

R151 mated to what engine? 1HZ?
R151 mated to what transfer case? Split case?

All of this matters when trying to find stuff.

1PZ Diesel Engine.
I am not sure about the transfer case. Its a 1990 70Series model. I am still learning about the components. Does this help?
Thanks!

1PZ Diesel Engine.
I am not sure about the transfer case. Its a 1990 70Series model. I am still learning about the components. Does this help?
Thanks!

The transmission is still available new from Toyota.

Comes as a kit and you get the bell housing, the throw out bearing, the fork, the slave cylinder, the transmission and the adaptor to the split case you have in your PZJ.

It will look exactly like what you see here.

The transfer case will have to be removed from your old transmission and rebuilt onto the back of the new transmission.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 11.38.56.png

Great news!
So it does not matter that is right hand side car? Do you know the part number by any chance?
Thank you very much for all your help!

There are a number of upgrades that can be done to the R151 trans that solves they few issues people experience with them. A number of companies sell rebuild kits as well as the upgrade parts in Australia.

A member on here rebuilt his using Marlin Crawler parts. The R151 was sold in the USA behind factory turbo 4-Runners. Check the MC website and search here for the thread about the rebuild.

Cheers

There are a number of upgrades that can be done to the R151 trans that solves they few issues people experience with them. A number of companies sell rebuild kits as well as the upgrade parts in Australia.

A member on here rebuilt his using Marlin Crawler parts. The R151 was sold in the USA behind factory turbo 4-Runners. Check the MC website and search here for the thread about the rebuild.

Cheers
Thanks!

Are you looking to replace a failed transmission? If so, rebuilding them is not difficult. I am just wrapping up a teardown/rebuild of my R150f and split case transfer. The R150f is almost the same as the R151f (as far as I can tell the only difference is the gear ratios), and parts should be quite easy to find. A good basic tool kit, a pair of snap ring pliers, a gear puller and a shop press are all that are required.

Yes, I have one here on a pallet. It is going back to my buddy though, @Spallet . I bet he will be open to selling it. I think it was off of a HZJ73, so it should bolt up to your 1PZ easily.

Are you looking to replace a failed transmission? If so, rebuilding them is not difficult. I am just wrapping up a teardown/rebuild of my R150f and split case transfer. The R150f is almost the same as the R151f (as far as I can tell the only difference is the gear ratios), and parts should be quite easy to find. A good basic tool kit, a pair of snap ring pliers, a gear puller and a shop press are all that are required.

@AirheadNut Thank you! Yes, the old transmission felts.

I emailed him to see if he'd sell it.

He said the transmission has fifth gear issues and will sell it as a core for $300 plus shipping.

Roger that.

Does a new fifth gear fix things? How much are they Beno?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom