Quick Shock and Spring Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready for a few road trips out west this year. In doing so I have been slowly been prepping the truck for summer adventures. Next items on my list are shocks and rear springs.

2000 LC has 205k miles and as far as I know the shocks have never been replaced. Looking for recommendations for replacement shocks. OEM, or aftermarket? The LC is stock and the immediate plans are to keep it that way. Who has good pricing on either option?

Along those lines this is not the first road trip we have taken with it. I noticed when loaded it seems to sag a bit more than I would like in the back. Im thinking about replacing the rear springs with something slightly more heavy duty. Just enough that when loaded its not riding down the highway or trails on its rear, but not enough to jack the back up when unloaded. For what its worth, our "loaded down" is a fridge, average camp gear, tools / recovery gear, and our adventure toddler. Nothing excessive.

Does anyone have a set of rear springs sitting around they want to unload?

I might be talked out of a pair of used OME 865s

Hard to beat OEM shocks on price. Air bags might be overkill for your application, but probably cheaper than new springs. Spacers may also work if it's just getting a little saggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom